Azlo is a new, quickly growing fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
We’re seeking a Compliance Analyst to support the development of first-line controls. This role will also serve as a control tester for compliance and operational controls.
What you’ll do
- Conduct monitoring and testing of compliance and operational controls to ensure effectiveness, and collaborate with colleagues on remediation of issues identified in internal and external reviews.
- Perform compliance reviews for marketing content.
- Provide support with the complaints management program.
- Assist BSA and Compliance Manager in providing BSA/AML/OFAC advice to teams across the company, particularly relating to our product, customer operations, and vendor and partner management.
- Assist Internal Control Manager with administration of Governance, Risk and Control (GRC) software, creation of new risks and controls, quality control updates and control testing
- Assist in providing monthly updates to the Operational Loss Management database
- Monitor legal, regulatory, and industry developments; assess impact to company functions; and collaborate with colleagues to help implement product and process changes and develop controls to mitigate compliance and operational risk.
- Develop, update, and maintain a centralized repository of company policies and procedures.
- Assist with conducting risk assessments.
- Assist with responding to partner bank requests for information, reviews, and other assessments.
- Assist with the management of internal compliance training.
- Help coordinate applicable internal audits, regulatory exams, and partner reviews.
What you’ll bring
- 2+ years in audit, control testing or compliance required.
- Knowledge of AML/BSA/OFAC regulations and requirements and understanding of the opportunities and challenges in the digital finance sector is a plus.
- Knowledge of payments, deposit, and lending regulations and requirements a plus.
- Ability to review and edit policies and procedures, and to assist in the design compliance controls
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to complete multiple tasks within a set timeline
- Display openness to constructive feedback and a desire to grow
- Ability to foster and maintain strong working relationship with a variety of stakeholders
- Consistently demonstrate ownership and accountability for work product and results
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
- CIA, CAMS or CRCM desired.
What we bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon.
- Occasional travel may be needed.