Azlo is a new, quickly growing fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re seeking to transform small business banking. In short, we’re here to help small businesses survive and thrive.
We’re looking for a Partnerships Director to own the end-to-end development and deployment of Azlo’s Partnership strategy. This cross-functional role will partner with product, operations, and marketing teams to identify potential partnerships, negotiate and execute contracts, build relationships with key external stakeholders, and lead the deployment and growth of these partnerships within Azlo.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute partnership strategies for key products and channel partners.
- Work closely with product and marketing teams to identify and engage potential partners to enhance our product functionality and customer acquisition.
- Own partner relationship end-to-end; from initial scoping, through negotiations, to launching and managing the partnership.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the deployment of partnerships, including stakeholders from creative, legal, finance, product, and marketing.
- Communicate Azlo’s brand value to business partners.
- Design and implement necessary analytics to measure and optimize partnerships.
- Closely monitor competitor and industry trends, ensuring that Azlo’s value proposition for both customers and partners is maintained.
What You’ll Bring
- 4-6 years of experience in business development and partnerships.
- Proven ability to negotiate and close deals ranging from tactical, mid-size opportunities, to strategic, large and complex partners.
- A network of contacts in the small business and/or fintech industries
- Strong analytical skills – able to evaluate opportunities from strategic, brand, financial, and operational perspectives.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external cross-functional teams to drive programs and/or products.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to think and communicate creatively, thoughtfully, and proactively with diverse technical and non-technical stakeholders, across all organizational levels.
- Highly entrepreneurial and comfortable working in a fast-paced, yet highly regulated, environment, under minimal guidance.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in fintech strongly preferred.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.