Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
Azlo is looking for a Risk Product Manager. This role is for an experienced product manager with deep knowledge in fraud and risk management space for on-boarding, payments, and accounts. With a proven track record of building & launching risk product solutions for fraud prevention, you’ll focus on stolen financials, ATO, identity management & building products to handle risk and fraud processes for obtaining risk and fraud signals. In this role, you will define & build risk solutions for new products as well as managing existing products, work with the engineering and data science team to execute, deploy, test and iterate products and solutions that drive successful outcomes for customers and Azlo.
What You’ll Do
- Lead a cross-functional Agile Scrum team of Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, and others in the development and support of new product initiatives spanning many internal teams.
- Build, deploy, and manage innovative risk solutions for new products.
- Manage & prioritize the roadmap for risk initiatives.
- Gather and generate requirements for product evolution based on market analysis and end-user (or internal team) interactions.
- Be an operational lead in communicating project readiness. Identify, prioritize and manage key challenges and risks of a given product.
- Establish the Risk Product Roadmap with cross-functional teams and internal and external stakeholders.
- Optimize data from various vendors (for example, Socure and Inauth).
- Communicate technical components of risk and fraud management to non-technical stakeholders and external audiences.
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of product management in the risk, compliance and fraud arena with a passion for risk and fraud models that protect our customers and our business.
- Ability to focus on customer experiences and outcomes
- Ability to build strategy, prioritize deploying new innovative solutions with focus.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Build relationships with stakeholders and teams to help influence & drive successful outcomes
- Ability to challenge the status quo and push for new, effective & efficient solutions
- Results-oriented; you can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and work with the teams to get products launched.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Innovative mindset - Problem-solving proclivity.
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
- Competitive knowledge of the financial technology landscape.
What We Bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, California.
- Occasional travel may be needed.