Azlo is a new, quickly growing fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and flourish as they pursue their passion. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
We are seeking a results-driven Architecture & DevOps Engineer to provide oversight for production operations of our system, in addition to the ongoing development of solutions to maximize system reliability and automation. This high-impact role will include root cause analysis of incidents will be proactive in preventing their reoccurrence, through the creative design and development of both technical solutions and process improvements.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work with a globally distributed team, responsible for a mission-critical business function.
- Partner with Infrastructure, Operations and Development teams to identify and implement automation opportunities to drive down toil, reduce technical debt, and improve system reliability.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of solutions into production.
- Review document technical requirements, development, and project plans to ensure adherence to defined standards and best-practices; facilitate the transfer of knowledge to the development team.
- Oversee an increased level of code reuse and contribute to the growth and use of the knowledge library.
- Create software deployment strategies that allow engineers to successfully deploy sites//software in any environment.
What You’ll Bring
- Highly proficient at communication, collaboration, and attention to detail.
- Comprehensive understanding of Amazon Web Services, in addition to experience with microservices, NoSQL databases, UNIX, Kubernetes, Docker, Gitlab and CI/CD
- Demonstrated scripting skills through Python, Shell or others.
- Demonstrated skills with scaling distributed data systems and infrastructure orchestration tools.
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Datadog, New Relic, Sysdig and Pagerduty
- Skilled in the configuration, maintenance and securing of Linux systems.
- Experience with infrastructure orchestration tools, such as Kops, Terraform, or Sceptre.
- 3-5 years of experience using web development tools and architectures.
- 3-5 years of experience on multiple platforms; web servers and applications servers.
- 3-5 years of experience with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycles and overseeing multi-software deployment for external clients.
What We Bring
- High impact role in a rapidly growing, mission-based fintech company looking to make real change in the world.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- The stability of being backed by a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.