Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
Azlo is looking for a Data Science Product Manager to add depth to our Data Team. This role requires a passion for data (informational and operational), platform infrastructure, simplifying operations and technical depth. You will be a part of a cross-functional team that builds product, leads our analytics effort, and will be accountable for the execution of the roadmap. You will also serve as a bridge between the various stakeholders. Because of the technical nature of many of our financial integrations, experience in retail banking or payments is highly preferred.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a cross-functional Agile Scrum team of Data Analysts, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Machine Learning Engineers, and others in the development and support of new product initiatives spanning many internal teams.
- Manage our informational data effort, including analytics to understand and help the other product teams access the data necessary to make data-driven product decisions.
- Gather and generate requirements for product evolution based on market analysis and end user (or internal team) interactions.
- Be an operational technical lead in communicating project readiness. Identify, prioritize and manage key challenges and risks of a given product.
- Establish the Data Product Roadmap with cross-functional teams, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate technical components of the data process to non-technical stakeholders and external audiences
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of data product management experience and a passion for using data to maximize impact to customers across multiple products, or platforms.
- Understanding of Data Science / Machine Learning methodologies and steps involved in building successful data projects.
- Understanding of various statistical techniques and recommendation engines is a plus
- Prior experience in data warehouse modeling and ETL/data pipeline development.
- Prior experience with analytics tools, such as Amplitude or Google Analytics.
- Project experience managing cross-functional, technical teams.
- Highly analytical, using data to make decisions and comfortable gathering it yourself
- Results oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and work with the teams to get products launched.
- Ability to query large datasets and distill your findings into easy-to-understand analyses
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Innovative mindset - Problem solving proclivity.
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
- Competitive knowledge of financial technology landscape.
What we bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, California.
- Occasional travel may be needed.