Azlo is a new fintech company that helps business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers pay, get paid, and manage their money. Backed by BBVA, we’re on a mission to transform small business banking.
Azlo is looking for a Data Product Manager to define and deliver data-driven products, providing our customer’s actionable insights into their finances. You will work cross-functionally, across multiple product teams and stakeholders, leveraging data to manage customer priorities, drive key product decisions, and execute the roadmap. Because of the technical nature of many of our financial integrations, experience in small business banking, financial management, or payments is highly preferred.
What you’ll do
- Lead a cross-functional agile team and collaborate with a variety of key stakeholders, in the development and support of data-driven, customer-facing financial management products.
- Manage our informational data effort, including analytics to understand and help the other product teams access the data necessary to make data-driven product decisions.
- Gather and generate requirements for product evolution based on market analysis and end-user (or internal team) interactions.
- Be an operational technical lead in communicating project readiness. Identify, prioritize and manage key challenges and risks of a given product.
- Establish the Data Product Roadmap with cross-functional teams and internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicate technical components of the data process to non-technical stakeholders and external audiences
What we're looking for
- 5+ years of product management experience and a passion for using data to maximize impact to customers across multiple products, or platforms.
- Practical experience with agile software development, methodologies, and scrum; product management background includes product specifications, sprint grooming & planning, user stories, and product requirement development.
- Strong understanding of small business financial flows and processes, as they relate to financial management.
- Highly analytical, using data to make decisions and able to structure raw data for a variety of stakeholders.
- Results-oriented. You can cut to the core of a problem, identify what needs to be done and work with the teams to get products launched.
- Ability to query large datasets and distill your findings into easy-to-understand analyses
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and maintain relationships with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- Innovative mindset and problem-solving proclivity.
- Strength in both written and verbal communications within all levels of an organization.
- An entrepreneurial attitude and the ability to work in a fast-paced, flexible environment on multiple concurrent projects where team members are based in multiple locations.
- Competitive knowledge of the financial technology landscape.
What we bring
- High impact role in an early-stage fintech company.
- A killer team with decades of experience in finance, tech, and startups.
- A mission to empower business owners, and a mandate to do away with the old models of banking.
- Backing from a leading global bank with resources to support our growth.
- Position can be based in Portland, Oregon or San Francisco, California.
- Occasional travel may be needed.