Our Client is a Pan African gaming technology and development company with a focus on blockchain-based games including Lottery and other types of solutions.
They are seeking an experienced General Manager to join their African development plan and own the P&L and strategy of all the businesses.
We are looking for a data driven commercial leader who is intimate with the major global gaming suppliers, operators and market trends, understands what games, product features, and experiences resonate with various online gaming demographics and is passionate about developing Sportsbook / iGaming / Retail cross-sell.
Any prior engagement in the blockchain space will be highly welcome.
Objectives of this Role
- Managing all aspects of company properties including operations staffing and customer satisfaction
- Managing all operating costs budgets and forecasting to ensure that organization meets the set goals
- Own the P&L for all of the organization and the Score's iGaming platforms
- Work with functional department heads in Sportsbook, Product, Marketing and Finance to develop and set forward looking strategy for the gaming business
- Define short-term and long-term market strategies for growing PI's & the Score’s igaming business
- Commercial negotiations, games roadmap release prioritization, product enhancements, with 3rd party suppliers
- Lead a gaming operations team responsible for the day-to-day activities of the customer profiling, promotions, bonuses, Omni channel cross sell, configuration set up, internal product / roadmap.
- Identify opportunities to drive market share for all online gaming products by partnering with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the Product Team to identify the best-in-class features and functionalities for all gaming products
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team to construct and execute on a CRM strategy that is focused on acquisition, retention, reactivation of players on all platforms
- Develop performance metrics, monitor trends within the gaming industry, and make recommendations to drive continuous improvement.
- Develop and report on KPIs, goals, and metrics, to show strategic impact
- Work closely with product to develop differentiated product functionality based on market needs and customer feedback.
- Identify key audience segment and personas and understand relevant business challenges for each. Validate solutions against audience growth, engagement, retention and quality criteria.
- Enhance the use of existing technologies and drive scalability and stability
- Proven experience in a managerial role
- Experience in Gaming and technology
- Strong understanding of the African gaming landscape
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial plans
- Good understanding of Product development and business metrics
- Good understand of P/L and how to drive growth.
- Self-driven and self-motivated starter
- Out of the Box thinker and problem solver
- 5+ years running the P&L of a major online igaming, with 4 years of overall Gaming work experience
- Experience in fast growth companies, startups and/or scaled environments especially in online gaming
- Unrelenting passion for gaming and maintain a strong POV on the nexus of online gambling, gaming and technology
- You are data obsessed and have demonstrable experience of working on critical, highly visible projects and thriving even when given a short timeline
- Sports betting, interactive gaming, or daily fantasy sports experience is preferred