As a Technical Delivery Manager, you would be responsible for directing the development team in the design, development, coding, testing, and debugging of applications. You would also coordinate the development staff’s schedule and ensure effective communication between team members and other functional areas. Additionally, you will be expected to provide feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement and act as a technical mentor and adviser.
- Strategy, Planning and Execution
- To define, maintain and communicate each technical project plan within one or more Core System Releases.
- Reporting of the progress of each project based on transparent KPIs and the current RAG status.
- Point of contact to engage and provide support to business and technical stakeholders of the project.
- To work closely with key business owners/stakeholders, Business project managers and the IT delivery teams to ensure a high quality, on time project to agreed scope.
- Ensure quality gate criteria is met at each gate, and where this is not met communicating the impact of this back to the relevant stakeholder.
- Managing any conflicts within the Project to ensure these do not impact the delivery of the project and ultimately the release.
- To manage all elements of the end-to-end project process ensuring issues, risks and dependencies are managed appropriately.
- Running regular Project progress review meetings, as relevant for each phase within the delivery of the Project.
- Capture learnings and improvements as we progress through the Project that the Release Management team can apply to future projects within future releases.
- Act as a subject matter expert on the Project Management approach and processes and ensure that adherence to process is maintained for each project
- Must be able and willing to collaborate in a team/cooperative environment as well as exercise independent judgment and initiative.
- Strong analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Is extremely logical, detail oriented with a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize workload and meet multiple project deadlines.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to quickly learn new applications, processes, and procedures.
- Structured thinker, effective communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Have a four-year degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field from an accredited university.
- 6+ years hands-on as a software engineer.
- 3+ years in technical leadership and/or engineering management role.
- A strong understanding of the software development lifecycle, modern environments and build pipelines, standards and best practices, and development tools.
- Experience leading remote Engineering delivery teams in software development, technology consulting, and/or software product management.
- Experience working in an agile environment, with a strong understanding of roles, processes, core metrics, and how to strategically increase team velocity.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills and can work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.