Adjust Your Set is a specialist content agency based in Clerkenwell. Founded almost 10 years ago, its ‘Culture to Commerce’ approach has helped it win clients and awards across many different sectors including retail, tech, alcohol, financial services, fashion, media and automotive. We have an opportunity for a self starting and ambitious Planner to lead the strategy for two of their key clients, Nando’s and Barclaycard, and to assist with new business.
Adjust Your Set is part of the Inside Ideas Group, which is the UK’s fastest growing independent agency group.
This role would suit someone who’s looking to step up and to grow their strategic leadership skills. You’ll have autonomy to develop your own thinking and strategic approach, under the mentorship of the Inside Ideas Group’s CSO.
You will be responsible for the planning across a wide variety of projects for both of your key clients, ranging from content and social strategy, campaign development, audience and cultural insight, and helping to measure marketing effectiveness. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to new business pitches and proprietary thought pieces and research, (for instance our proprietary youth research).
You will need to work closely with data planners and analysts on your key accounts to ensure that your strategic solutions are data driven and measurable. You’ll be working closely and collaboratively with creative teams. You’ll need to develop close relationships with a wide range of clients across your key accounts.
Adjust Your Set’s ‘Culture to Commerce’ approach requires a planner who’s equally happy immersing themselves in the latest cultural trends, as they are advising on how to nudge people to buy. You’ll need to be the sort of person who can get to insights fast, without big research budgets. You’ll be great at cutting the crap and simplifying the complex. You’ll be great at inspiring creatives, but equally you’ll love formulating testing, measurement and optimization plans.
- To lead day to day planning for Nando’s and Barclaycard and to ensure that the strategic advice we deliver to them is of a consistently excellent quality
- To be a valued strategic partner to your clients: to get a deep understanding of their business challenges and opportunities
- To work with OLIVER’s creatives to champion effective creative work that audiences value
- To work with the data planners and analysts to ensure everything we do is data driven and measurable in terms of engagement and ROI
- To provide strategic insight for new business pitches
- To contribute to proprietary agency thought pieces and research
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Experience of developing rich and multifaceted content and social strategies
- Experience of playing a strong role in cross agency teams
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to derive insight from wide ranging data sources, and to simplify complex problems
- Strong communication skills: the ability to be clear and inspiring in written and verbal communications
- Strong commercial understanding to ensure thinking is grounded in clients’ business issues
- The ability to think laterally to solve problems under time and budget constraints
- Excellent teamworking skills
- Excellent time management skills to get high volumes of work delivered on tight deadlines and on budget
- Strong understanding of data analytics and the tools available to evaluate the effectiveness of our work
- The ability to inspire excellent creative work, developing trusted relationships with creative teams
- Collaborative team player, open minded – non political
- Relentlessly curious about people, technology, brands, business
- Self starting, proactive and prepared to put in the hard yards to deliver excellent creative output
- Able to balance a strong point of view with an ability to listen, learn and adapt
- Energised by doing the right thing for our clients; solution and results focused
- Positive, enthusiastic, unflappable