LOCATION: London, EC1R
AYS are looking for strong mid-level editor. You will be creating high quality, professional short form video content, working from varied creative and technical briefs. Everyday tasks will include: editing video, creating and animating motion graphics, encoding and rendering, logging digital assets. Crucially the roll will involve
Clients include: Unilever, Social media client, Durex, Bista Village and more!
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
You are an individual with a passion for narrative storytelling and filming. Do you enjoy collaborating with creative, commercial and editorial teams, working on some of the UK's biggest and most exciting brands.
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
A global content agency with an editorial mindset. Connecting brands to their audiences, in ways that drive opportunity & change.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
- Receiving a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or storyboard.
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer.
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer;
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
- Creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
- Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Additional tasks may include:
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
- Writing voiceover/commentary;
- suggesting or selecting music
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
- Previous experience of filming and editing a range of digital video content to an exemplary standard with two years proven experience working for a studio, agency or independently for clients.
- Degree educated with a strong qualification in film and video or related multimedia field.
- A complete genius in the use of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and experiences in the use of industry standard plug-ins.
- Have basic audio editing capabilities. You will understand audio workflows and ideally have experience of working with audio professionals. A keen interest in motion graphics and an eye for the latest trends in typography and ident styles is also required.
- A strong self-starter, will be confident and experienced in planning, recording and editing creative video material and have an ability to effectively troubleshoot practical and technical problems associated with video production.
- Will naturally have a high attention to detail and an excellent eye for creating quality visuals. As well as being highly creative, a strong technical understanding of effective video workflows and file specifications will be required.
- Should have superb communication skills both written and verbal and be comfortable presenting and explaining in detail your ideas to internal and external clients.
- The ability to manage your own time productively to ensure the completion of tasks and a sense of urgency to be able to deliver quality work under the pressure of deadlines, plus the ability to correctly judge priorities across several projects and varied levels of activity.
- Motion Graphics and After Effects skills.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they’re different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand’s organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 2000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, adidas, BMW, Post Office and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes global content agency Adjust your Set, design, experience and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do ground breaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results focused to exceed expectations
We recognise that some diverse groups are underrepresented within our industry and would welcome people from all backgrounds to apply. If you need us to make any adjustments to make your application process easier please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org