ROLE: Social Media Manager
LOCATION: Uxbridge, UB8
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
AYS (part of the Inside Ideas Group) are currently building a team for one of our largest clients, Hertz; a global leader in the automotive and transportation space. The Hertz Corporation has an exciting portfolio of car rental brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly – as well as the fleet management company Donlen.
Adjust Your Set and Hertz are looking for a Social Media Manager to play a key role in driving business success through best-in-class use of social media.
With support from AYS’s Editorial & Strategy hub team and an embedded team of data analysists, creatives and community managers, and a direct line into Hertz’s European Marketing leadership this role will be a key part of Hertz’s social function for Europe, helping reach, recruit and activate audiences around social content rooted in the culture, interests and stories people really care about and respond to.
You will be a highly organised individual, responsible for content publishing and distribution, planning and executing culturally relevant content calendars across a range of social platforms. You will have hands-on experience of delivering paid and organic content, ideally across multi-language and multi-channel social marketing platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
A self-starter ready to live and breathe Hertz’ world, you will be constantly on the look-out for bold and exciting ways to activate the markets’ communities – through influencers, events and community monitoring etc. You will have an excellent understanding of content needs for social platforms, and know what assets work best and where.
You will be able to understand and apply an audience first strategy to all content ideation, publishing and distribution in order to achieve client objectives – be that reach, actions or retained audience growth.
Our team will support Hertz’ 6 corporate markets (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Benelux, UK) across EMEA, as well as work with the central partnerships, digital, CRM and brand teams. This team will serve as Hertz’ bespoke agency, working at the heart of their business.
Our team will work across the following;
- Strategy - social & content
- UX & experience design
- Creative, copywriting & design
- Editorial & publishing, distribution.
- Content production & post
- Data & analytics
- Community management
- Online content management
- Paid & optimisation
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- You will strategically apply content management skills to plan the monthly content calendars and publishing plans for Hertz Europe’s markets in collaboration with the brand team & agency partners
- Develop engaging and creative posting copy to sit alongside the content calendar for each of the markets’ social media channels.
- You will identify, create and publish social marketing content that supports audience expectations while delivering against objectives
- You will work with community managers to drive audience growth, engagement and organic reach
- Identify trending topics and content to comment on to drive engagement
- Identify appropriate influencers for each of the markets according to audience segmentation and specific campaign needs
- Measure, report and analyse the performance of campaigns across channels.
- You will understand social KPIs and provide insights and guidance to the rest of the Hertz Engine social team.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- You will have an intuitive, up-to-the-minute feel for the major platform algorithms based on recent first-hand experience of managing active, growing social channels, most likely within a digital publishing or brand environment
- You will be able to live and breathe a brand’s tone of voice, adapting it for different social platform needs
- Excellent copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills with a strong eye for detail
- Must excel in creating engaging, creative content over various social media channels.
- Experience across a range of social media management tools, including HootSuite, Sprinklr or Sprout to schedule content, manage campaigns and sign-offs and generate client-facing reports
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously.
- Efficient and organized with strong attention to detail.
- Process-oriented and excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and on multiple initiatives in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Ability to identify trends as they happen and produce pithy, quirky and clever content ideas
- We are looking for people who want to work closer with clients and brands, who are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
Not essential but definitely an advantage:
- Experience in automotive, transportation and/or travel brands
- Multi-market experience
- Languages spoken (Italian, Spanish, French, German, Dutch)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Adjust Your Set is an award-winning strategic and creative agency, with a team united by a shared passion for culture and content. Through our editorial mindset we connect brands to their audiences, in ways that drive opportunity and change. We deliver this across three simple steps: think, make, optimise.
We work with progressive global brands to build bespoke teams that help to transform their communications and develop powerful content and experiences. These teams live and work right at the very heart of our clients’ organisations; bringing expertise, agility and pace to work side by side with client teams. This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in.
Hertz are one of the largest worldwide airport vehicle rental companies and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world, with over 9000 corporate and franchise locations throughout approximately 140 countries. Hertz’ International Head Quarters is in Uxbridge and employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities. We are working with Hertz to build a mutli-disciplinary dedicated team, which will deliver an end to end strategic and content solution across the entire Hertz customer journey.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW:
Alongside our excellent Benefits package, every Hertz’ onsite team employees can enjoy this collection of non-contractual benefits too:
- Free on-site parking
- Company sports and social club
- Subsidised canteen
- Free access to on-site gym and showering facilities
- “Friends & Family” discounts and additional benefits for a partner/spouse, including hotel offers and more.
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram.