ROLE: Resource Manager
LOCATION: Uxbridge, UB8
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
AYS (part of the Inside Ideas Group) are currently building a team for one of our largest clients, Hertz; a global leader in the automotive and transportation space. The Hertz Corporation has an exciting portfolio of car rental brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly - as well as the fleet management company Donlen.
We are looking for a Resource Manager who will be working out of the clients onsite office. You will be working in a team of +30, 7 of these will be project managers managing the different European markets needs. You will be responsible for resourcing their projects in an accurate and timely manner, ultimately matching skills to confirmed requirements to achieve high utilisation across the on-site team of designers, copywriters, strategists, editors, transcreation etc.
This would include minimising the use of freelancers through intelligent allocation of permanent resource as well as working with the hub for support and identifying when freelance requirements are essential and recruiting suitable candidates.
Key to the success of the role is the close working partnership with all department heads, understanding on skill sets, client team structures & people’s personalities.
Our team will support Hertz’ 6 corporate markets (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Benelux, UK) across EMEA, as well as work with the central partnerships, digital, CRM and brand teams. This team will serve as Hertz’ bespoke agency, working at the heart of their business.
Our team will work across the following;
- Strategy - social & content
- UX & experience design
- Creative, copywriting & design
- Editorial & publishing, distribution.
- Content production & post
- Data & analytics
- Community management
- Online content management
- Paid & optimisation
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Management of all resource requests and assign relevant resource to each request in a timely manner.
- Working closely with the departmental leads to source the most appropriate team for each project.
- Accurately capture day to day resource requests in OMG (our workflow management tool)
- Identify and resolve any potential resource conflicts.
- Anticipate and predict all resource needs against different project roadmaps to strategically make the best use of all capacity.
- Review project health and push back on resource requests if budget is burnt.
- Be responsible for managing, optimizing and reporting on team utilization and capacity.
- Identify skill gaps on projects and work with the hub to fill these to get the best results for the project.
- Effective prioritisation of work across the team and ability to manage multiple requirements and deadlines that will come from 6 local markets plus central HQ requests.
- Be able to move work around and manage the different stakeholder expectations to be able to navigate peaks and troughs of work.
- When necessary and the hub can’t support then identify freelance needs, gather CVs and work with discipline Team Leads to identify the most appropriate resource. Be able to justify all freelance expenditure.
- Train teams and new joiners in the resourcing process and tools used.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- Previous experience in a resourcing role or similar
- Understanding of the skill sets with a creative agency
- People focused and solution driven
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Experience in working in fast pace and ever changing work environment
- Ability to multitask effectively and deal with constant requests and changes
- Excellent understanding of Agency processes and the lifecycle of a project
We are looking for people who want to work closer with clients and brands, who are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
Not essential but definitely an advantage:
- Experience in automotive, transportation and/or travel brands
- Multi-market experience
- Languages spoken (Italian, Spanish, French, German, Dutch)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Adjust Your Set is an award-winning strategic and creative agency, with a team united by a shared passion for culture and content. Through our editorial mindset we connect brands to their audiences, in ways that drive opportunity and change. We deliver this across three simple steps: think, make, optimise.
We work with progressive global brands to build bespoke teams that help to transform their communications and develop powerful content and experiences. These teams live and work right at the very heart of our clients’ organisations; bringing expertise, agility and pace to work side by side with client teams. This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in.
Hertz are one of the largest worldwide airport vehicle rental companies and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world, with over 9000 corporate and franchise locations throughout approximately 140 countries. Hertz’ International Head Quarters is in Uxbridge and employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities. We are working with Hertz to build a mutli-disciplinary dedicated team, which will deliver an end to end strategic and content solution across the entire Hertz customer journey.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW:
Alongside our excellent Benefits package, every Hertz’ onsite team employees can enjoy this collection of non-contractual benefits too:
- Free on-site parking
- Company sports and social club
- Subsidised canteen
- Free access to on-site gym and showering facilities
- “Friends & Family” discounts and additional benefits for a partner/spouse, including hotel offers and more.
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram