ROLE: Senior Copywriter
LOCATION: Uxbridge, UB8
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
AYS (part of the Inside Ideas Group) are currently building a team for one of our largest clients, Hertz; a global leader in the automotive and transportation space. The Hertz Corporation has an exciting portfolio of car rental brands – including Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly - as well as the fleet management company Donlen.
AYS is looking to recruit a Senior Copywriter to work in our onsite creative team at Hertz in Uxbridge.
This is a great opportunity working within a new team, creating impactful communications across Europe and developing a strong tone of voice for the brand.
The Senior Copywriter will be producing original copy, including content, straplines and headlines for all forms of printed collateral, web pages, email campaigns, social media, presentations, advertising, marketing and sales collateral. Copy produced will be both for content and headlines for digital and print based projects including web pages, news articles, advertising, marketing and sales collateral as well as potential presentation scripts.
You will also lead and mentor another copywriter in the team.
The ideal candidate will be someone with strong foundations in both print and digital, but with a desire to increase their involvement in digital projects, as this requirement grows. You’ll ideally be from an agency background with around 6 years experience. The role is fast paced and responsive working across multiple different projects and clients within the Hertz organisation.
Our team will support Hertz’ 6 corporate markets (France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Benelux, UK) across EMEA, as well as work with the central partnerships, digital, CRM and brand teams. This team will serve as Hertz’ bespoke agency, working at the heart of their business.
Our team will work across the following;
- Strategy - social & content
- UX & experience design
- Creative, copywriting & design
- Editorial & publishing, distribution.
- Content production & post
- Data & analytics
- Community management
- Online content management
- Paid & optimisation
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Produce original copy for brochures, leaflets, flyers, newsletters, websites and microsites, banners, eDM, invites, social media, direct mail, tenders, presentations, advertising, marketing and sales collateral
- Brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the AYS team
- Mentor and develop other copywriters who are less senior
- Writing and presenting options to clients
- Working closely with both the client and the AYS team to deliver all copy to ensure consistency and accuracy across all messaging to the agreed briefs and established brand values
- Create a tone of voice consistent to Hertz throughout all copy and proactively make recommendations for the direction of client projects
- Undertake research and develop an understanding of Hertz’ clients, target audience and competitor products
- Establish and manage relationships with internal stakeholders to deliver the agreed deliverables
- Forming close relationships with the product team in order to source product information and unique selling points of products
- Generate engaging, customer focused content to add value to the customer’s experience
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- Significant experience in professional, commercial writing
- A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
- The ability to plan and strategise high-profile projects
- A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective team management capabilities
- A keen attention to detail and timescales
- Familiarity with creative processes and techniques – including digital media
- Confidence in building a rapport with clients and nurturing good working relationships
- Love working in a fast-paced adaptable environment
- Ability to adhere to internal processes, including following brand guidelines
- Previous work in the automotive industry advantageous.
We are looking for people who want to work closer with clients and brands, who are entrepreneurial and relish the opportunity to be a part of something new and dynamic.
Not essential but definitely an advantage:
- Experience in automotive, transportation and/or travel brands
- Multi-market experience
- Languages spoken (Italian, Spanish, French, German, Dutch)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Adjust Your Set is an award-winning strategic and creative agency, with a team united by a shared passion for culture and content. Through our editorial mindset we connect brands to their audiences, in ways that drive opportunity and change. We deliver this across three simple steps: think, make, optimise.
We work with progressive global brands to build bespoke teams that help to transform their communications and develop powerful content and experiences. These teams live and work right at the very heart of our clients’ organisations; bringing expertise, agility and pace to work side by side with client teams. This business model creates a truly entrepreneurial, fast paced, challenging and rewarding environment to work in.
Hertz are one of the largest worldwide airport vehicle rental companies and the Hertz brand is one of the most recognized in the world, with over 9000 corporate and franchise locations throughout approximately 140 countries. Hertz’ International Head Quarters is in Uxbridge and employs approximately 350 people with over 23 different nationalities. We are working with Hertz to build a mutli-disciplinary dedicated team, which will deliver an end to end strategic and content solution across the entire Hertz customer journey.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW:
Alongside our excellent Benefits package, every Hertz’ onsite team employees can enjoy this collection of non-contractual benefits too:
- Free on-site parking
- Company sports and social club
- Subsidised canteen
- Free access to on-site gym and showering facilities
- “Friends & Family” discounts and additional benefits for a partner/spouse, including hotel offers and more.
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.
If you want to check that we are real people - please visit our Instagram