ROLE: Social Media Strategist
DEPT: Editorial and Strategy
REPORT: Director of Editorial & Strategy
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Adjust Your Set is an award winning global integrated creative content agency that believes brands need to stop interrupting the content people care about and strive to create it. We help businesses find authentic ways to contribute meaningfully to the culture and causes people care about and then tell those stories in inspiring and engaging ways through the channels where they want to consume them. We are a growing team of creative, entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who share an audience-first, editorial and entertainment mindset and desire to make a positive impact on people and planet.
Our values are important to us and everything we do is rooted in them;
Bold: we are passionate, courageous and confident in our ideas and thinking, anticipating the new
Fast: moving at the speed of culture, our lean teams get to solutions quickly and deliver at pace
Fun: our team are inclusive, embracing our creative culture of like-minded individuals
Respectful: we respect our people, our work, our clients, and our planet
Impactful: we deliver results for our clients with work that makes a difference
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
This is a key role at the heart of our Editorial and Strategy team, responsible for delivering up-to-the-minute social platform, performance and publishing knowledge and expertise into every aspect of our and our clients’ business. The Social Media Strategist is to support a wide variety of clients toward best-in-class use of social to drive business success.
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Working into our Editorial & Strategy Director and alongside cultural insights, content and creative strategists, this role will be a key part of AYS’s strategic offering, helping brands reach, recruit and activate audiences around social content rooted in the culture and causes people really care about.
- The Social Media Strategist will work across all key accounts and new business pitches providing strategic recommendations and input every step of the way from proposition and format development, channel and influencer selection, publishing plans, optimisation, paid amplification, measurement and reporting.
- You will be the go-to source of knowledge and inspiration for best practice and innovation at strategy design stage, and responsible for content performance during publishing and distribution, using real-time data and ABCD testing to inform iterative, incremental optimisation against client objectives – be that reach, actions or retained audience growth.
- You will need to be an assured and authoritative presence in client meetings and pitches providing an insightful and strategic point-of-view on all things social.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- An intuitive, up-to-the-minute feel for the major platform algorithms based on recent first-hand experience of managing active, growing social channels, most likely within a digital publishing or brand environment; and the ability to turn that knowledge and data into clear actionable direction for content creatives and producers.
- A strong editorial, audience-first mindset, a keen eye on emerging social trends, new platforms and audience behaviours, you will be able to offer a clear position on how brands should best behave in social. You need to understand and be capable of clearly communicating the difference between native/editorial and ad content and the ability to commission, create and optimise both on all key platforms.
- A high level of expertise in managing and optimising paid social boosting across Facebook Business Manager and Adwords and plenty of examples of how you have enhanced ROI through smart interest-targeting and testing. Experience of managing paid social on other platforms (Pinterest, Twitter, TikTok, Tinder etc) is a bonus.
- Your own direct relationships with the platforms as well as social audience owners in key verticals.
- An instinctive (and data-backed) understanding of how to find the right influencers and media partners to reach any target audience and know how to ensure we get the best out of them.
- Experience across a range of social media management tools, including HootSuite, Sprinklr and Sprout to schedule content, manage campaigns and sign-offs and generate client-facing reports
- Experience of integrating social into email/ CRM, e-commerce and shoppable content strategies will be an advantage.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.