DEPT: Post Production
REPORT: Creative Director
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Adjust Your Set is an award winning global integrated creative content agency that believes brands need to stop interrupting the content people care about and strive to create it. We help businesses find authentic ways to contribute meaningfully to the culture and causes people care about and then tell those stories in inspiring and engaging ways through the channels where they want to consume them. We are a growing team of creative, entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who share an audience-first, editorial and entertainment mindset and desire to make a positive impact on people and planet.
Our values are important to us and everything we do is rooted in them;
Bold: we are passionate, courageous and confident in our ideas and thinking, anticipating the new
Fast: moving at the speed of culture, our lean teams get to solutions quickly and deliver at pace
Fun: our team are inclusive, embracing our creative culture of like-minded individuals
Respectful: we respect our people, our work, our clients, and our planet
Impactful: we deliver results for our clients with work that makes a difference
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
AYS are looking for strong mid-level editor. You will be creating high quality, professional short form video content, working from varied creative and technical briefs. Everyday tasks will include: editing video, creating and animating motion graphics, encoding and rendering, logging digital assets. Crucially the roll will involve collaborating with creative, commercial and editorial teams, working on some of the UK's biggest and most exciting brands. You will ideally, be an individual with a passion for narrative storytelling and filming.
Clients include: Facebook Unilever, Durex, Bista Village and more!
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Receiving a brief, and maybe an outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or storyboard.
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto video tape in preparation for inputting into the computer.
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, and synchronising and storing them into files on the computer;
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding what is usable;
- Creating a ‘rough cut’ (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages;
- Reordering and fine-tuning the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Additional tasks may include:
- Overseeing the quality and progress of audio and video engineering and editing;
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements;
- Writing voiceover/commentary;
- suggesting or selecting music
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- Previous experience of filming and editing a range of digital video content to an exemplary standard with two years proven experience working for a studio, agency or independently for clients.
- Degree educated with a strong qualification in film and video or related multimedia field.
- A complete genius in the use of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and experiences in the use of industry standard plug-ins.
- Have basic audio editing capabilities. You will understand audio workflows and ideally have experience of working with audio professionals. A keen interest in motion graphics and an eye for the latest trends in typography and ident styles is also required.
- A strong self-starter, will be confident and experienced in planning, recording and editing creative video material and have an ability to effectively troubleshoot practical and technical problems associated with video production.
- Will naturally have a high attention to detail and an excellent eye for creating quality visuals. As well as being highly creative, a strong technical understanding of effective video workflows and file specifications will be required.
- Should have superb communication skills both written and verbal and be comfortable presenting and explaining in detail your ideas to internal and external clients.
- The ability to manage your own time productively to ensure the completion of tasks and a sense of urgency to be able to deliver quality work under the pressure of deadlines, plus the ability to correctly judge priorities across several projects and varied levels of activity.
- Motion Graphics and After Effects skills.
OTHER INFO TO KNOW
To see the company benefits you will receive when you become part of team, please see Our benefits.