ROLE: Motion Graphics Designer
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE ROLE:
Creating high quality, professional short form video content, working from varied creative and technical briefs. Everyday tasks will include: designing, creating and animating 2D (and 3D) motion graphics, encoding and rendering – and managing onsite and offsite teams in delivering creative and engaging content. Crucially the roll will involve leading motion design projects in collaborating with creative, commercial and editorial teams, working on some of the UK's biggest and most exciting media brands.
Clients include: Facebook Unilever, Durex, Bista Village and more!
WHAT YOU WILL YOU BE DOING:
- Design and create enticing motion graphics for video deliverables
- Participate in creative sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
- Lead animation
- Create and deliver motion graphics in various media including web, mobile, etc.
- Work with art and creative teams to understand project scope and objectives.
- Assist in selecting audio, video, colours, animation, etc for graphic design.
- Work with editors, producers and other designers to resolve technical and/or design issues.
- Research and analyse best design techniques and solutions to create motion graphics and effects, including 3D, 360, VR and Augmented Reality. (beneficial to have - not essential)
- Maintain and follow best practices for versioning control, naming convention and organization of graphic files.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest graphic design techniques.
- Ensure compliance with company guidelines, deadlines and design standards.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE GREAT IN THIS ROLE:
- Previous experience of editing a range of digital video content to an exemplary standard with two years proven experience working for a studio, agency or independently for clients.
- A complete genius in the use of Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and experiences in the use of industry standard plug-ins.
- Have basic audio editing capabilities. You will understand audio workflows and ideally have experience of working with audio professionals. A keen interest in motion graphics and an eye for the latest trends in typography and identity styles is also required.
- A strong self-starter, will be confident and experienced in planning, designing and editing animated material and have an ability to effectively troubleshoot practical and technical problems associated with video production.
- Will naturally have a high attention to detail and an excellent eye for creating quality visuals. As well as being highly creative, a strong technical understanding of effective video workflows and file specifications will be required.
- Should have superb communication skills both written and verbal.
- Be comfortable presenting and explaining in detail your ideas to internal and external clients.
- Degree educated with a strong qualification in film and video or related multimedia field (Ideal but not mandatory)
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT US:
Adjust Your Set is an award winning global integrated creative content agency that believes brands need to stop interrupting the content people care about and strive to create it. We help businesses find authentic ways to contribute meaningfully to the culture and causes people care about and then tell those stories in inspiring and engaging ways through the channels where they want to consume them. We are a growing team of creative, entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who share an audience-first, editorial and entertainment mindset and desire to make a positive impact on people and planet.
Our values are important to us and everything we do is rooted in them;
Bold: we are passionate, courageous and confident in our ideas and thinking, anticipating the new
Fast: moving at the speed of culture, our lean teams get to solutions quickly and deliver at pace
Fun: our team are inclusive, embracing our creative culture of like-minded individuals
Respectful: we respect our people, our work, our clients, and our planet
Impactful: we deliver results for our clients with work that makes a difference