Adjust Your Set is an integrated creative content agency with over 8 years of experience specialising in video content. Using an editorial mindset, AYS delivers purposeful content into the heart of culture whilst connecting brands to their audiences in ways that drive opportunity and change. Through the agency’s signature ‘Culture to Commerce’ model, AYS empowers brands to build audiences and drive sales. A full service agency spanning creative, publishing, strategy, technology, design, production, programmatic media and analytics; AYS’s unique model also enables brands by building bespoke onsite media houses.
Creativity and people are at the heart of our business from the newest recruit up to the management team. We are seeking an experienced Social Media Writer with a passion for creativity, culture and content.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Publishing and Editorial team in a unique role where you will be part of an on-site team but plugged into a wider agency network. The Social Media Writer role combines content writing, project planning and research in order to achieve reach and engagement targets for Barclaycards’ social channels. On-site you will work closely with the Barclaycard social team, AYS team and studio leads on the planning and creation of inspiring and exciting content, and with Data Strategists on content optimisation for search.
Within the Publishing and Editorial team you will sit firmly between planning and creative, and we find working collaboratively with the wider agency brings the best results. An understanding of the digital, social and cultural space is key. What unites our team is the deep understanding of the audience’s fresh thinking, creativity and knowing what makes them tick.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Act as brand guardian and tastemaker for all social media content. Keeping a focus on culture by staying ahead of the curve on social and creative shifts.
- Generate beautifully crafted copy that’s optimized per format and for clients’ content channels
- Responsible for clients’ editorial output. To write and sometimes edit content ideas across all platforms. These include the website, social media, live events, the app and CRM amongst others
- Be able to react to relevant timely events
- Have the finger on the pulse and be able to spot stories that are relevant to your client and work within the current debate and media landscape
- Proactively help to grow owned media (with focus on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook), tapping into trending subjects and current debates
- To be responsible for working with internal teams to gather, input and validate social content
- To understand the importance of telling stories
- To be responsible for writing, research and ideation of creative and innovative content that brings readership and encourages sharing
- To create and repurpose content for different social usages
- To combine an authoritative voice and consumer education with comprehensive marketing integration
- Commission and curate content when appropriate
- Excellent communication skills and a solid grasp of grammar
- To ensure consistency and quality across all written content
- 3+ years writing experience in corporate, digital or journalism environment
- Experience of writing for social media channels and / or content management systems
- A thorough understanding of how content can play out across multiple channels
- Understanding of how different social platform works, and how to write in a way that suits each channel
- Creative and meticulous in the use of language and data while developing concise, engaging text
- Demonstrated ability to combine and translate complex material from different sources and contexts into stories and content that engage and resonate with target audiences
- Confident and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing client environment
- A passionate and inspiring writer
- Self-motivated, working with little supervision
- Collaborative team player, open minded – non-political
- Discrete about all confidential and personal information
- Driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player