Adjust Your Set is an integrated creative content agency with over 8 years of experience specialising in video content. Using an editorial mindset, AYS delivers purposeful content into the heart of culture whilst connecting brands to their audiences in ways that drive opportunity and change. Through the agency’s signature ‘Culture to Commerce’ model, AYS empowers brands to build audiences and drive sales. A full service agency spanning creative, publishing, strategy, technology, design, production, programmatic media and analytics; AYS’s unique model also enables brands by building bespoke onsite media houses.
Creativity and people are at the heart of our business from the newest recruit up to the management team. We are seeking an experienced Senior Social Manager with a passion for creativity, culture and content.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Publishing and Editorial team in a unique role where you will be part of an on-site team but plugged into a wider agency network. The Senior Social Manager combines content project planning, research and writing in order to achieve reach and engagement targets for the Barclaycard social channels. You will work closely with the Barclaycard social team, AYS team and studio leads on the planning and creation of inspiring and exciting content, and with Data Strategists on content optimisation for search.
The Publishing and Editorial team you will sit firmly between planning and creative and we find working collaboratively with the wider agency brings the best results. An understanding of the digital, social and cultural space is key. What unites our team is the deep understanding of the audience’s fresh thinking, creativity and knowing what makes them tick.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Act as Brand Guardian and Tastemaker for all content. Keeping a focus on culture and staying ahead of social and creative shifts.
- Planning and activation of content and campaigns across complex and continuously evolving digital and media ecosystems. Deployed in the right format, at the right time, in the right place.
- Develop data-informed editorial strategies to drive an audience and link back to the client’s overall brand objectives.
- Deliver Editorial and Publishing strategies and a point-of-views that help clients to better plan, execute and amplify their digital strategies and campaigns.
- Create and own Publishing and Editorial frameworks, ‘always on’ publishing plans, editorial calendars, editorial and tone of voice guidelines and editorial positioning strategies.
- Responsible for clients editorial output. To generate and sometimes edit content ideas across all platforms. These include the website, social media, live events, the app and CRM amongst others.
- Develop formats and new content franchises.
- Commission and curate content when appropriate.
- Excellent communication skills and a solid grasp of grammar.
- Talent-sourcing appropriate influencers and advocates on behalf of clients.
- Experience of managing a team beneficial but not essential, a consultative approach to team work is preferred.
- Help grow owned media (with focus on social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook), tapping into trending subjects and current debates
- To be responsible for working with internal teams to gather input and validate the content
- To be responsible for writing, research and ideation of creative and innovative content that drives engagement
- To write short- and long-form articles as well as bite sized information for social posts
Role-specific skills, knowledge and experience
- 3+ years writing in social media management
- Experience of publishing through social media channels and / or content management systems
- A thorough understanding of how content can play out across multiple mediums
- Understanding of how the different social platform works, and how to write in a way that suits each channel
- Creative and meticulous in the use of language and data while developing concise, engaging text
- Demonstrated ability to combine and translate complex material from different sources and contexts into stories and content that engage and resonate with target audiences
- Confidence and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing client environment
- A passionate and inspiring writer
- Self-motivated, working with little supervision
- Collaborative team player, open minded – non political
- Discrete about all confidential and personal information
- Driven, proactive, helpful, and enthusiastic team player