Built with leading healthcare systems, Axuall is a workforce intelligence company built on top of a national real-time practitioner data network. It enables healthcare systems, staffing firms, telehealth, and health plans to dramatically reduce onboarding and enrollment time while also providing unique, powerful data insights for network planning, analytics, and reporting. Its network streamlines the secure sharing of digitally verified credentials between clinicians, authorized verifiers, and organizations that require this information quickly and continuously to meet patient demand, ensure clinical coverage, and maximize revenue capture.
In 2023, Axuall closed its series B round of financing, bringing its total capital raised to more than $41 million. Axuall's investors and the organizations they represent comprise over two dozen of the nation's leading healthcare organizations that recognize the imperative to improve clinical workforce efficiency amidst significant economic and staffing challenges. Axuall intends to scale its team rapidly in 2023/2024 as it expands its customer base and develops new products that leverage its national network.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Chief Product Officer, the role will collaborate closely with the product manager responsible for Axuall’s data insights solutions to develop new offers for the market. This will mean not only having a deep understanding of Axuall’s data set, it will also mean supporting the acquisition of external data sets, and working with clients to deliver and productize key insights. The ideal candidate will be highly detail oriented, a highly creative self-starter, diligently organized, and have a passion for data and analytics.
What You'll Do
- Work with executives and product leaders to identify product opportunities to deliver to Axuall’s hospital and health system customers
- Engage customers to understand their questions and work with Axuall’s data to deliver answers
- Structure large data sets, including Axuall’s clinician data and work with sourced claims data to find patterns and insights
- Act as in-house expert to Axuall’s provider data in support of product and internal initiatives
- Drive strategic data acquisition and further Axuall’s goal to be the most insightful clinician data company
What You Bring
Candidates for the Data Scientist role must demonstrate extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of industry best practices in the functions listed above. Specific requirements include:
- 4+ years experience in a data scientist role, or working with big data sets to deliver insights to internal users and customers
- Solid understanding of healthcare specific data sources, including claims data, clinician data or patient health records is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in: Information Technology, Mathematics, Management Information System (MIS), Statistics, or Business Administration
- Attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge of statistical methodologies and data analysis techniques
- Use data visualization tools such as Tableau to communicating insights effectively
- Knowledge of big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and distributed computing frameworks
- Understanding and experience with the application of machine learning algorithms and AI for predictive analytics and pattern recognition.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization
- Strong Teamwork and Collaboration skills to effectively collaborate with data engineers, product managers, business analysts, and other team members.
What You'll Get From Us
We offer a wide range of benefits for our team including comprehensive health insurance, unlimited PTO/vacation days, remote work flexibility, 401(k) with employer match, fitness stipend, travel-to-work stipend, continuous education support, and paid family leave.
Axuall is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
Know Your Rights