AXS connects fans with the artists and teams they love. Each year we sell millions of tickets to thousands of incredible events – from concerts and festivals to sports and theater – at some of the most iconic venues in the world. Since our founding in 2011, we’ve consistently pushed the industry forward and improved experiences for fans, making it easier than ever to discover events, find the perfect seats, and enjoy unforgettable live entertainment, and we continue to lead the evolution of our industry today.
We’re passionate about improving the fan experience and providing game-changing solutions for our clients, and we’re always looking for smart, motivated people to help make it happen. Bring your enthusiasm, your big ideas, and your desire to team up with some of the best and brightest in technology and entertainment. Together we keep the world cheering.
AXS is seeking a Business Intelligence & Strategy Intern to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles. Ideally, as an intern, you will thrive on digging into the data to develop strategic analyses and actionable insights to power data-driven decision making at AXS. You will work closely with the team on internal and client research projects making strategic recommendations to advance AXS’s and clients’ business.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative datasets to identify patterns and trends; develop actionable insights to guide data-driven decision making for AXS
- Work with all functions of the organization (Product, Marketing, Distribution, Music and Sports) to help the team address their data & analysis needs.
- Support the team with list pulls, ad hoc research projects; create polished deliverables
- Effectively communicate research results to the team and make the appropriate strategic recommendations.
What to Bring
- Currently enrolled in B.S or M.S. in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Business Administration, or relevant field are preferred
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of SQL is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proven analytical and strategic, problem solving and critical thinking skills, able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to quickly adapt to and learn new concepts and systems
- Experience with BI, data visualization and reporting tools such as Looker, Adobe Analytics is a plus
What happens next:
We’ll be accepting applications through November 2019. Interviews will take place in January 2020 and we anticipate making our hiring decisions by the end of March 2020. Our 10-week summer program will run from mid June through August 2020.
More About AXS
AXS sells millions of tickets every year for 300+ clients in the US and Europe, from venues like the O2 in London and the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver to teams like the Los Angeles Kings and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, California, we also work in wonderful offices throughout the US, the UK, and Europe. At each location, you'll find a team of dedicated, diverse employees (we’ve dubbed ourselves “Fanatix”) who create groundbreaking products and services in a fun, fast-paced environment. We love what we do along with our fantastic culture, enviable perks, and comprehensive benefits. To learn more about working at AXS, visit: https://solutions.axs.com/careers/