AXS connects fans with the artists and teams they love. Each year we sell millions of tickets to thousands of incredible events – from concerts and festivals to sports and theater – at some of the most iconic venues in the world. Since our founding in 2011, we’ve consistently pushed the industry forward and improved experiences for fans, making it easier than ever to discover events, find the perfect seats, and enjoy unforgettable live entertainment, and we continue to lead the evolution of our industry today.
We’re passionate about improving the fan experience and providing game-changing solutions for our clients, and we’re always looking for smart, motivated people to help make it happen. Bring your enthusiasm, your big ideas, and your desire to team up with some of the best and brightest in technology and entertainment. Together we keep the world cheering.
AXS is seeking a Manager, Data Engineering to join our team in Downtown Los Angeles.
In this role, you will be responsible for the people and tech that power our business intelligence, big data, personalization, analytics, data science, and machine learning platforms. Aligning with executive priorities, you will be responsible for implementing data management initiatives to improve data quality, drive operational work, provide key insights, and deliver innovative solutions.
This is a highly visible and strategic role where you will be working with stakeholders across the business, and directly with our sports and music clients. You will be working cross-functionally in a collaborative manner within a matrix environment.
What you’ll do
- Hire, build and manage a global data engineering team
- Provide mentorship, guidance and leadership to your team
- Develop strong relationships in keeping top engineering talent
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with product, data analytics, data science, and other global engineering teams
- Continue to be hands on in working with code, doing code reviews, and evangelizing/improving the software development lifecycle for our engineering organization
- Work closely with other engineers and architects to expand upon a real time data streaming platform that powers innovative business intelligence initiatives and advanced consumer and enterprise product features
- Build and improve the data platform that powers advanced analytics and complex machine learning models
What we hope you’ll bring
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of technical and management leadership experience
- Subject matter expert in Big Data and machine learning
- Good understanding of all aspects of data architectures in a large-scale enterprise environment
- Demonstrable experience with distributed data warehousing and data processing systems such as Redshift, Snowflake or Spark
- Deep knowledge of traditional data warehousing (models, practices, and processes), cloud-based data warehouses, data lakes, and data streaming
- Exceptional system design abilities, including high-scale ETL/ELT pipelines including leveraging python
- Experience with data pipelines and event-driven architectures (Kinesis, Kafka)
- Knowledge of data visualization and analytics tools (Tableau, Looker, etc.)
- Proficiency with machine learning, and classification techniques
- Advanced knowledge of software lifecycles and testing automation
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and provide strategic insight and analysis to solve problems and make improvements
- Responsibilities include being hands on and digging into detail when needed
- Strong bias for execution, and not afraid to make critical decisions
- Ability to clearly communicate complex issues to leadership and customers
Bonus points if you have
- Experience working with AWS cloud environments and Kubernetes
- Experience with workflow management platforms like Airflow
- Experience with logging, monitoring and alerting tools and best practices
- Experience with high traffic and large scale global consumer and enterprise software platforms
- Ticketing industry experience
What’s in it for You?
- A highly visible and strategic role where you will be working with stakeholders across the business, and directly with our sports and music clients
- Extraordinary People – we’re not kidding!
- Meaningful Mission - Helping revolutionize an industry and deliver better experiences for fans and clients around the world.
- Opportunities for learning and leveling up through training and education reimbursement.
AXS, a subsidiary of AEG, sells millions of tickets every year for 300+ clients in the US and Europe, from venues like the O2 in London and the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Denver to teams like the Los Angeles Clippers, Minnesota Timberwolves, and Houston Rockets. Headquartered in Downtown Los Angeles, California, we also work in wonderful offices throughout the US, the UK, and Europe. At each location you’ll find a team of dedicated, diverse employees (we’ve dubbed ourselves “Fanatix”) who create groundbreaking products and services in a fun, fast-paced environment. We love what we do along with our fantastic culture, enviable perks, and comprehensive benefits.
To learn more about our culture and values, visit: https://solutions.axs.com/careers/