Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon Solution Specialists are seasoned sales reps paired with existing Account Executives who work with the Top 1200 largest law enforcement agencies in the country. Your role is to augment the Account Executive to lead discovery efforts and thought leadership around the complex procurement of CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch), RMS (Records Management System), and Use of Force/Internal Affairs tracking software. You are responsible for assisting with and leading pre-sales discovery, value building, and sales of these products in tandem with the main Account Executives. Your ability to think creatively, articulate complex solutions, uncover latent pain, build and maintain senior and end user level relationships, and connect with agency stakeholders will be key to your success.
Working for Axon’s CAD and RMS sales team is like working for a start-up but with the resources, relationships, and existing infrastructure of a mature publicly traded company.
This is a quota carrying position. We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who want to achieve remarkable goals while striving to create an environment where people can succeed and enjoy coming in to work every day.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely in the West, United States.
Reports to: VP, Sales & Operations
- Work with your sales partners to build pre-sales plans and relationships within prospective customer agencies.
- Work with your demo team partners to build relevant and impactful demos for prospective customers.
- Identify known and latent pain points and needs within agencies.
- Articulate the plan to solve for those problems and pain points through adoption of Axon Dispatch and/or Records.
- Assist as the internal lead coordinating stakeholders to prepare any documentation needed for procurement including RFPs and best and final demos.
- Develop and maintain client and partner relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
- Build a strategic plan in tandem with account executives to grow market share, drive customer satisfaction (NPS), and achieve corporate strategic objectives.
- Own and build relationships with regional and national trade organizations such as NENA, APCO, IACP, and NIAIA.
- Track customer activity in internal systems in order to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities.
What You Bring
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated successful customer facing Software (SaaS / Cloud) Sales or Sales Adjacent Experience.
- Solution or consultative sales experience working within complex sales processes.
- Proven ability to drive adoption of disruptive technology solutions in an existing competitive market.
- Able to clearly and directly articulate complex solution offerings across technical and non-technical audiences.
- Able and willing to travel 70%+ (3-4 days a week on the road).
- 2+ years experience working with public safety and/or law enforcement agencies in a sales, sales engineer, or similar role
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of public safety technological needs and workflows – especially within PSAPs and Law Enforcement agencies
- Startup experience
- History of top level performance within technology sales market
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Uncapped commissions
- Discretionary PTO
- Autonomy in your role
- A supportive parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- And more...
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: The compensation for this role is made up of an uncapped commissions and a starting base pay between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 140,000 in the highest geographic market. On average, the national commissions target range for this role is between 300,000 and 500,000 USD. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: experience, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and geographic market demands and often a combination of all these factors. Our base salary is just one component of Axon’s competitive total rewards strategy including benefits, an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.