Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
You are a Senior .NET Software Engineer with experience building high-quality scalable software applications. You have deep interest in backend and frontend technologies with excellent engineering practices. In this role you will use innovative thinking to connect our wearable devices, client applications and cloud services into a smooth end-to-end customer experience. This role will require you to think through challenges around data sovereignty and limited network bandwidth, as well as enabling hybrid workflows by connecting our cloud and on-premise offerings together.
Axon has led the global effort to protect life through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of real-time sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of their communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon’s outcome-oriented data efforts.
What You’ll Do
Location: Tampere or Remote, Finland
Reports To: Software Engineering Manager
- Design, write, test and maintain .NET applications with web services and client components for Windows
- Develop infrastructure for enhancing automation, scalability, performance and robustness of the platform
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and architecture design reviews
- Track your own projects and clearly communicate status and risks in team meetings
- Influence peers, advise senior leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers and contribute to the broader community of Axon engineers
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years of experience
- You have .NET/C# expertise (LINQ, TPL, WPF, WinForms, Web Api, ADO.NET, Entity Framework)
- SQL development (stored procedures, functions, tables, indices, optimizing queries, etc)
- Deep understanding and proficiency with OOP, SOLID principles and unit testing
- Demonstrated ability to make tough technical decisions based on requirements, constraints, and trade-offs
- Problem solving, creativity, and communication skills are essential working with remote co-workers
- You enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers
- Experience designing and delivering high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems
- Familiarity in other languages like Java, Scala, Golang, React, Node.js
- Knowledge in creating and maintaining simple application installers, Windows services
- Experience in build and Continuous Integration tools/processes like MsBuild, TeamCity, FinalBuilder
Benefits that Benefit You
- Exposure to leaders and amazing experts with extensive knowledge in the field of camera product development
- Mentorship and networking
- Casual and fun work environment
- Access to Gym
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.