Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Are you ready to make your mark on the world and save lives? Are you passionate about technology sales? Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, winning team?
Axon is seeking Commercial Operations Coordinator supporting both our sales and finance teams. You will serve a mission critical function structuring complex multiple-element quotes that execute the company’s pre-determined financial objectives. You will be responsible for analyzing and researching existing customer contracts to accurately identify customer performance obligations and build appropriate invoicing structures. You will develop a detailed understanding of Axon’s Quote-to-Cash process and build quotes that ensure accurate fulfillment and invoicing to deliver a world a class customer experience.
This position reports to a Commercial Operations Manager. In addition to working daily with sales reps, you will partner with our Commercial Controllership, Accounts Receivable, and Ordering teams.
At Axon, our goal is to make each individual feel valued for his or her contributions to the company’s mission, to protect life and truth. We are looking for smart people who want to do remarkable things. We strive to create an environment where people can succeed and enjoy coming to work every day.
What You’ll Do
- Become an Subject Matter Expert in diverse array of innovative products and develop an extensive understanding of Axon products and bundles
- Build a collaborative and responsive relationship with sales representatives and prepare accurate quotes for customer presentation that align with company policies
- Provide support on and guidance to sales representatives on best practices for deal formats and non-standard quote requests
- Ensure Axon’s customer relationship management system accurately reflects customer specific contractual elements related to custom contract terms, pricing, invoicing and discounting
- Develop an extensive understanding of Axon’s Salesforce.com environment and how it impacts customer fulfillment and invoicing
- Test new product introductions and system updates to ensure business process changes are executed smoothly and timely
- Work closely with our business partners across Commercial Controllership, Order Processing, and Accounts Receivable to ensure data is processed in our systems timely and accurately
- Other duties that may arise
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience in sales operations, quoting, pricing or commercial finance role.
- Finance oriented with an excellent attention to detail
- Salesforce.com CRM platform experience (CPQ preferred)
- Willing to work overtime hours when required especially during peak seasons of the year
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Excel including Pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, data formatting
- Clear and concise written & verbal communication
- Time & deadline management
- Strong analytical skills
- Teamwork & collaboration-oriented
- Able to take initiative, ownership, and be proactive in their daily work
- Comfortable with conflict resolution & persuasion
- Should have a service mentality
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 50,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 80,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 60,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 90,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.