Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
In Digital Evidence Management System team (DEMS), we are solving some of the hardest cloud challenges today. We manage tens of petabytes of video from hundreds of thousands of officers around the world. Our solutions enhance the value of this evidence for law enforcement, the courts, and the public. The Evidence Management team is working on some of the most critical digital evidence platform and product extensions for this year and beyond. If you enjoy working on large-scale projects and collaboratively leading the technical direction of a team, this role is for you.
We believe that happy teams take good care of their customers, so we foster a friendly, open, introspective team culture that encourages everyone to speak their mind and deliberately avoids red tape, unnecessary rituals, politics, and jerks.
At Axon, you will join our DEMS and be an expert in designing and developing testings and automation solutions across systems. If you are seeking new, exciting challenges that you would like to make an impact by break the system with your excellence and the hawk eye of an astute QA engineer to find the flaws of the product, here is an opportunity tailored for you!
As a QA Engineering in DEMS, you will work in a strong technical team, take part in large scale implementations of Evidence.com to ensure the efficient end-to-end, integration and component of product. You will be required the ability to prioritize working task in order to archive the best result in quality.
You will be the people to improve the quality of Evidence.com and related projects, set the closed communications between the QA and development teams.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion and experience to help bring the testing solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze & clarify product requirements.
- Work closely with development team to identify testing areas across the deliverable.
- Create and review test design, test cases.
- Carry out all other testing activities such as functional testing, smoke test, regression testing … and exploratory testing.
- Support other members in issue troubleshooting.
- Participate in all deployments and release times.
- Communicate status, risks, and issues to management and team members to prevent issues, risks, defects.
- Support resolve blocking/impacting issues to ensure on-time delivery
- Have opportunities to learn and practice Automation Testing, Performance Testing,… (Create, execute, and maintain automated test scripts in the designed framework).
What You Bring
- 2-4 years of work experience as a QA Engineer
- Working experience at least one of the application (web, desktop, mobile).
- Hands-on experience in writing new test cases based on requirements
- Strong knowledge about testing concepts and Testing Foundation (Functional and Non-functional testing, Adhoc Testing, Exploratory testing, …)
- Ability to effectively manage time, arrange and carry out multiple tasks of different priorities
- Carefulness, strong logical thinking and analytical skills.
- Willing to learn, ready to ask team members and stakeholders proactively about issues or problems.
- Fluent English communication in written and verbal.
- Good communication and well collaboration with members
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases is a plus.
- Experience in technical problem solving; root cause analysis; and data gathering, analysis, and reporting within a system is a plus.
- Any knowledge and/or experience in automation testing and scripting using Selenium, Java/Python is a plus
- Familiar with CI tool like TeamCity, Jenkins, CircleCI is a plus.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Robust Paid Time Off policy
- Lunch allowance
- Cell phone stipend
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Access to 24/7 online emotional and mental support
- Gym membership
- Free parking
- Stocked fridges and pantries - free coffee, cold beverages, snacks
- Annual Company Outing Trip
- Monthly team social activities
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.