Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As a key member of our Failure Analysis (FA) team, you will be essential in performing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on in market product failures and customer returns as well as research and design phase performance issues. We will look to you to help us select, justify and procure the various state of the art test equipment systems needed to perform these analyses in our lab, as well as coordinate any third-party testing needed. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with Research & Development, as well as other teams, as you set the plan and ensure execution of all testing. Your technical expertise will be key in gathering data to support engineering design changes and corrective actions. You will be working with R&D Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Project Management, and Supply Chain, which will offer you the opportunity to use your effective communication skills across different levels in our dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment.
Your Day to Day:
- Work within a multi-discipline team of engineers to develop and execute RCA testing plans
- Leverage experience with a wealth of test equipment to determine equipment needs, write justifications and procure test equipment needed for your discipline
- Assist with engineering design of experiments, performance characterizations and reliability testing
- Maintain a historic database of findings
- Produce professional documentation and reporting of test results to the engineering teams
- Work with external labs to coordinate required testing
- Ensure the failure analysis lab and equipment is maintained and organized
- Maintain 5S Standard for lab organization and management
- Correlate customer usage models of all products with failure modes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with FA/RCA
- Experience with General and Electrical FA tools such as benchtop electronic test equipment, Microscopy (Optical/Electron/Acoustic etc.), X-Sectioning, Material Identification, Radiography, Environmental testing, etc.
- Experience working with RCA tools such as Fishbone diagrams, Five whys, etc.
- Familiar with test and bug tracking suites and industry standard resources – JIRA, FRACAS, GIDEP, etc.
- Experience with manufacturing and assembly processes
- Experience presenting test plan and analysis findings to stakeholders
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Labview or related automation technologies
- Excellent skills in MS Office products
- Ability to influence multi-functional organizations
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 60,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 70,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 70,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 80,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.