Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
At Axon we Aim Far with a mission to protect life and make the bullet obsolete. Big goals require a lot of technology and a world class team to support it. As a IT Support Technician, you will be at our front line and in the most outwardly facing position within our IT organization. Your days will be spent as an enabler, a facilitator, and a supporter of a high performing and fast paced technology company.
What You’ll Do
- Facilitate first line IT Support for Axon users through any and all intake channels and peer escalations
- Accept ownership for all IT endpoints at your facility and manage IT inventory for your facility
- Perform diagnostic tests and troubleshooting to identify users issues
- Provide remote hands and monitoring assistance to our operations team for your facility
- Determine the best solution based on the issues and details provided by users
- Educate users on procedures for resolving or preventing recurrence of a technical problem
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency or service quality through process change or automation
- Approach all support opportunities within the guidelines of both IT and InfoSec policies
What You Bring
- 3 years experience working in a high performing customer facing role with demonstrated ability to facilitate an outstanding customer experience and mentorship
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritize work to meet targets and deadlines.
- Enthusiastic, customer focused professional with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience supporting & managing Mac, Windows & Linux machines in a multi-user environment
- Entry level Systems Administrator or Network Administrator
- One or more of the following certifications: CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, MCSA, M365...
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related technology field is preferred
- Experience managing MDM softwares: Munki, Casper, AutoPilot, Intune....
- Experience supporting conferencing, scheduling and collaboration tools
- Proven ability to build things that scale
Benefits that Benefit You
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Robust Paid Time Off policy
- Lunch allowance
- Cell phone stipend
- Free LinkedIn Learning account
- Access to 24/7 online emotional and mental support
- Gym membership
- Free parking
- Stocked fridges and pantries - free coffee, cold beverages, snacks
- Annual Company Outing Trip
- Monthly team social activities
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.