Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Location: Washington D.C. area ideal location, but open to remote. ~50% Travel
Responsible for leading the development and execution of business development and capture management for high-impact strategic opportunities, initiation, and formation of strategic partnerships to win major opportunities, and progress towards organizational objectives to grow the business. As a leader of long-term strategic planning and growth, you will heavily work with and impact every aspect of the business development lifecycle.
What You Do:
- Lead Axon Federal business development strategic initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy, as well as manage multiple business development initiatives concurrently.
- Drive strong financial results by leading capture management practices across the Federal Business Development team, from opportunity identification, to developing business intelligence, developing a win strategy, bidding, and proposals, to close.
- Develop a robust pipeline of opportunities through relationships with new and existing Federal clients.
- Execute the strategy – including but not limited to – customer engagement and opportunity shaping, demos or presentations, and the development of solutions that offer competitive distinction and readily executable approaches.
- Identifying potential partnerships and alliances and negotiating agreements to support new business opportunities.
- Establish and execute customer contact plans, strengthen customer relationships, determine key decision makers, and to capture pertinent customer needs.
- Works independently to pursue development of new business prospects and win major strategic opportunities.
- Establish and drive marketing campaign plans for the Federal military and civilian markets with messaging and themes for tradeshows, conferences, publications, etc.
- Provide and monitor accurate and timely long-term forecasting of business
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Proven experience in business development and capture management best practices along with winning track record of successfully capturing business opportunities
- A minimum of 5+ years in federal business development and capture management leadership with emphasis in a proven winning track record\
- 3-5 years in people or team management role
- Experience using a CRM to build and track a funnel of opportunities from identification to close
- Experience working with and understanding of Federal military and civilian markets and customers
- Extensive knowledge of federal acquisition regulations and federal government budgeting processes
- Clear, concise, and direct executive communication skills briefing senior business executives and customers
- Ability to provide accurate long-range forecasting of revenues, orders and margin for the Federal military and civilian markets
Benefits that Benefit You:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: The compensation for this role is made up of uncapped commissions and a starting base pay between USD 161,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 288,000 in the highest geographic market. On average, the national commissions target for this role is 350,000 USD. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: experience, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and geographic market demands and often a combination of all these factors. Our base salary is just one component of Axon’s competitive total rewards strategy including benefits, an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.