Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
The Supplier Quality Manager (SQM) is a member of the Global Quality & HW Reliability team, the role of which is to execute a unified approach to managing Quality throughout the supply chain with the intent to deliver high quality products and services that meet the specifications and high standards of Axon. The primary focus of this role is to monitor and constantly reduce manufacturing variation in the supply chain, to prevent supplier manufacturing processes from producing defects and to ensure effective manufacturing detection and control methods are in place to prevent escapes by driving improvements in manufacturing methods and processes in conformance to Axon specifications; and influencing improvements in Axon and supplier’s product design to effect robust manufacturing processes.
He/She will represent the voice of the customer to our supply chain partners and is a continuous quality improvement force within the organization through effective interactions within the broader Manufacturing, Quality and Supply Chain teams and cross collaboration with NPI, Engineering and Product Management.
What You’ll Do
The Supplier Quality Manager, Americas will provide leadership to a team of experienced supplier quality engineering professionals to oversee, monitor, manage and continuously improve the supplier quality performance of Axon’s global supply chain and legacy products in order to meet to Axon product requirements. The SQM will also be responsible to lead Incoming Quality Control (IQC) for Americas region comprising a supervisor and a team of quality control inspectors. He/She will use non-conforming material failure analysis results to drive corrective actions with suppliers. The SQM needs to ensure rigorous evaluation and selection of new suppliers, monitor, and manage the performance of Axon’s supply base, assess and mitigate risks in the suppliers’ manufacturing processes, and continually drive the corrective and prevention action process to eliminate any defects produced. The SQM and his/her team are responsible for the following:
New supplier assessment and selection process
- As a key stakeholder of the cross-functional assessment team, provide subject matter expertise in the realm of processes, controls, and effectiveness in the selection of potential new suppliers and contract manufacturers to ensure supplier capabilities are well aligned with Axon requirements. This may involve capability assessment audits of suppliers in addition to Quality Management System audits.
Supplier performance management
- On an ongoing basis, continuously monitor supplier quality performance and facilitate periodic quality/business reviews to drive continual improvements in DPPM, NCMR’s, Lot Acceptance Rate (LAR), and SCAR’s. Develop, implement, and monitor supplier quality improvement initiatives, including supplier performance management forums, supplier certification, process improvements, cost reduction, and continuing assessment and process audits of suppliers.
Supplier process development and risk mitigation
- Working in close collaboration with our supplier partners, facilitate the development and maintenance of PFMEA to quantify supplier process risks and designing processes to prevent the production of defects. Effect robust assembly operations and manufacturing processes through manufacturability assessment and error-proofing methods to prevent operator errors. Effect robust production testing processes to prevent the escapement of product nonconformities. He/She will identify supplier caused risks and implement actions to eliminate them.
Supplier Quality Control
- Through Quality Control Planning, ensure Critical to Quality (CTQ) product characteristics and key process parameters within the supplier’s manufacturing processes are monitored for process capability and capable of repeatedly producing parts to specifications; and the necessary actions taken to correct non-conformances when they are detected. Institute any Axon pre-shipment audits and inspections and product/process audits to drive supplier behavior for continuous quality improvement. Ensure supplier partners document and follow process control plans, and carry out GR&R or other MSA to verify the precision of any measurement, inspection and test equipment used.
Supplier Quality Improvement
- As a result of product, process, or quality system nonconformance detected at Axon’s Incoming inspection or in the manufacturing line or arising from a customer returned product or complaint, effectively manage the closed-loop problem resolution process to minimize the impact of supplier nonconformance to Axon and its customers from proper material containment and product screening to rigorous root cause identification and corrective action implementation to prevent recurrence. Strive to move from focusing heavily on daily tactical issues towards a more strategic and balanced approach for longer term benefits.
Supplier new part approval
- Support timely launch of new products and revisions to sustaining products through component and product inspections. Ensure measurement methods between supplier and Axon are aligned and any associated gaps are resolved. Communicate supplier performance on CTQs to drive continuous improvements and capable processes. Participate in determining incoming inspection requirements of purchased components and finished products.
Axon incoming quality control
- Manage the incoming sampling for the receipt of supplier components and raw materials as a means of monitoring supplier quality performance and as a gate to prevent nonconforming material from negatively impacting the production lines.
Fulfill other management responsibilities including staff development:
- Coach, mentor and provide training and tools to facilitate the achievement of the requirements of their position and goals and objectives.
- Establish the goals and objectives for team members that is commensurate with Quality and Operations’ goals.
- Manage, appraise, and develop team members. Provide periodic feedback on performance and take necessary corrective actions for underperformance.
- Interview prospective talent for quality, reliability and other operations functions as needed and participate in hiring decisions.
- Develop and maintain effective relationship with employees through effective and timely communication.
What You Bring
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC) and statistical tools. Experience with implementing the AIAG Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) process and elements with external suppliers, and working knowledge of state-of-the-art metrology, test, inspection, and analysis techniques.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and methodically manage project milestones.
- Highly organized and ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritizes matters of competing importance, and effectively uses available resources to meet time constraints.
- Willingness and ability to work in a global, multi-site company that often requires working extended hours to get the job done or to fulfill urgent tasks.
- Excellent data analysis, deep root cause analysis and problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate, influence and coordinate amongst suppliers and internal groups with speed and accuracy.
- Generate and implement cost saving ideas for the business not limited to process and design improvements.
- Highly motivated with superior sense of urgency and accountability with “not on my watch” mentality.
- Self-directed with a proactive mindset to not only identify problems but lead teams to solve them
- Inherent sense of curiosity predisposed to learning and driving to root cause.
- Healthy dose of skepticism to challenge the status quo of existing systems and processes in pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Proven ability to work successfully in a highly collaborative environment without having a “herd” mentality.
- Trust but verify mindset to be hands-on and an attention to detail.
- Data-driven and detail oriented with strong initiative and follow-through.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Strong business acumen to balance business priorities with customer advocacy; and achieving quality improvements without impacting operational efficiencies or product cost.
- Ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment to juggle multiple priorities, to react quickly to emergencies and where processes and procedures are not well defined or documented.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 90,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 110,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 200,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.