Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As Finance Director, you will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Finance and serve as the Finance business partner to our new market & product teams including Federal, Corrections, Enterprise, and Fire/EMS. In this role you will help drive key business decisions, build financial models, and deliver key operational data to the teams you support. Additionally, you will work with the core FP&A team on key initiatives.
You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for those of you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills.
Working day to day with the SVP of Finance you will learn a tremendous amount about managing a P&L, forecasting, managing rapid growth, product finance, financial reporting, executive presentations, budgeting, and much more.
What You’ll Do
- You will be the finance business partner our new markets and product teams
- You will prepare operational reports and analyses and present them to the teams you support and company executives
- You will assist your team in preparing materials for our annual strategy planning process, annual pricing planning, and annual budgeting process
- You will apply business and financial acumen to support & evaluate investment into new markets and products
- You will assist with developing Board and C-Team presentations
- You will help create business plans for new internal investment opportunities
- You will participate in corporate FP&A meetings such as executive corporate forecast reviews and budget vs. actuals reviews
- You will assist with ad hoc FP&A projects that arise due to our rapid growth
What You Bring
- 5-8 years of experience in business analytics, financial modeling, forecasting, and strategy in a dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and highly responsive customer service mindset
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills for frequent interaction with company leaders
- Concern for high-quality deliverables and deadlines
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 140,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 180,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 170,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 260,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.