Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As a member of Axon’s Site Reliability team, you will build the foundational technology building blocks and services that are driving this positive change everyday. Your scope of ownership will be company-wide, helping set strategy and driving mission-critical programs. This position has an incredibly unique vantage point at the intersection of business, technology and product. You will partner with every functional domain in the company and exercise your influence to get big things done everyday.
We need someone willing to be fearless and more than willing to take on bold challenges. Through great products and accelerating the adoption of our technologies, you'll help protect life and build a justice system that serves our communities better everyday.
You have a strong drive to keep yourself up to date and hands-on with state of the art in software - perhaps you run a home lab - but this knowledge is not kept to yourself, because you thrive on introducing best practices across the whole organization through a range of techniques such as brown bag sessions, video training classes, high quality technical documentation, and mentoring/partnership with developers.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remote, United States
Reports to: SRE Engineering Manager, Path to Production Squad
- Support the CI/CD pipeline machinery for all Axon SaaS products and elevate it from current capabilities to world-class level
- Partner with software development teams and infrastructure / platform teams to build and operate a paved path to production
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or an equivalent highly technical field
- 1-2 years of hands-on experience working in a software development organization that builds large-scale distributed systems (20+ teams, 500+ developers)
- A practical understanding of how to deliver software to production with high quality and high velocity
- A background deploying and running microservices at scale on Kubernetes in cloud environments such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or GCP
- Execution focused with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Some experience interacting with multiple stakeholders such as development, operational, compliance, and security teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills backed by a strong business and technical vision. As this is a remote position on a globally distributed team, self-direction is essential. You must have a very strong ability to engage effectively with colleagues in many different timezones using all appropriate tools and personal skills.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 90,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 145,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 115,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 175,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.