Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
The People Ops Specialist team lead has a wide-range of duties supporting our pre and post employment programs. This is a critical lead role with 2 direct reports who will help build our approach to centralized specialists work. The goals of the group are to help support our employees, their experiences, and our processes. Included in the team's remit is the day-to-day People Ops administrative support in the various functions including HRIS administration and reporting, onboarding, job change and terminations, exit surveys, and most importantly identify opportunities to improve processes, recommend solutions or alternate methods to meet the growing needs of the company.
Areas the team will be working on:
- Managing/supporting HR Transformation projects with a focus on content development, testing of new chatbot and case management tools
- Supporting communications and change management activities, supporting implementation and sustainment of new tools
- Support piloting and implementation of the new case management system for resource accounts
- Manage and execute onboarding & offboarding
- Execute the day to day support of the organization
- Review incoming tickets and assign to appropriate resources within the functional departments of People Ops Organization
- Innovate for scale
Location: Onsite at our Scottsdale, AZ office 2 days a week
Reports To: Director of People Operations
Direct Reports: 2 HR Specialists
What You'll Do:
- Help build and develop innovation to enhance People Ops offerings to employee needs
- Manage People Ops transactional customer service support to employees and various teams (HR, Payroll, Benefits, onboarding, etc.)
- Act as a superuser for People Ops systems and personnel data, ensuring on-time updates, execute reports, and maintain the highest data accuracy.
- Manage and own the onboarding process for Axon in partnership with Talent Acquisition, People Ops Specialists and hiring managers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external vendors to ensure fundamental HR services and day-to-day operations, and off-barding procedures are smoothly delivered. Including, but not limited employment data and documents, work authorization tracking, and workers compensation.
- Interact daily with leaders and employees to ensure an open line of communication is maintained to identify and address any needs, and/or concerns as they arise.
- Partner with leadership to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assist with Employee Relations Investigations, as needed to support the HRBP team
- Provide insights and ideas to continuously automate and improve People Ops processes, enhancing employee experience at Axon.
- Main point of contact to review People Ops inbox, responding/escalating queries, as required
What You Bring
- 4-6 years experience in a HR role working for a fast-paced organization with direct onboarding, offboarding and employee relations experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in direct people management.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, management, or business-related fields.
- Excellent organization and administration skills with high attention to detail is essential with an ability to adapt to a fast-moving environment.
- Workday knowledge preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications skills with a positive attitude to effectively engage with stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Adapt in fast moving dynamic environment, prioritizing, and reorganizing workload on occasion under time constraints
- Undertake necessary training, as required for new systems and tasks
- Act with integrity and honesty, maintaining confidentiality at all times
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 60,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 110,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.