Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
You will be accountable for managing assigned supply base and spend categories. You will ensure assigned suppliers meet and maintain requirements for quality, on time delivery, and continuous improvement while optimizing cost, inventory and terms.
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite at our Scottsdale, Arizona office 3-5 days a week, and on the road 20% of time
Reports to: Indirect Strategic Sourcing Sr. Category Manager
- Understand and recommend high impact projects for existing and emerging products and services that drive meaningful results: reduce cost and risk and improve quality. Initial focus will be on Services and Products offered via the Video product line and supported by the PSO organization.
- Source materials and services from new and existing suppliers to improve product quality and ongoing cost reductions while mitigating supply risk and improving customer support/experience.
- Meet Axon’s requirements for quality, on time delivery, cost, technological/manufacturing innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Product focus – understand sourcing of various direct and indirect materials such as laptops, tablets, cameras, installers, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with other Category/Commodity Managers, Sourcing Analysts, Sourcing Engineers, and Quality to evaluate and select sources.
- Understand and manage initial and long-term price negotiations across suppliers.
- Program management – able to lead several programs to execute on sourcing of key strategic initiatives.
- Through coordination with Sales Ops and demand planning team, provide timely and ongoing forecast communication with assigned supply base relating to Axon’s Services needs and then clear hand off to planning.
- Accountable for managing supplier inventory levels utilizing, as required, combination of advanced replenishment strategies and persistent negotiation of supplier lead times and minimum/economic order quantities.
- Active participant in customer sales process to translate market requirements into supply requirements.
- Align with team members from Sales Ops, Product Line, Demand Planning, Sales operations, Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing to understand supplier performance expectations in meeting the supply plan.
- Function as a primary focal point for all supplier issues related to projects owned.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain or related discipline
- 3+ years of experience in procurement, commodity/category management
- Proficiency in relevant commodity categories
- Ability to influence and communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Program management experience
- Strong communication and negotiation skills as well as proven ability to work within team structure as an active participant and drive results through direct and indirect influence/collaboration
- Ability to successful function in “fast-pace” ambiguous environment
- APICS, ISM, PMP, Six Sigma certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated capability of advancing further within the organization through track record of increasing responsibility and quantifiable results
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 65,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 70,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 150,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.