Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon’s Customer Solutions Engineering Team is looking for an amazing software engineer and teammate to help create and maintain our Cloud Migration Platform and associated tooling to support migration of digital evidence from many sources into Axon Evidence. This platform will allow plug & play packages, provide stable and consistent migrations, as well as continually grow and improve to meet the ever-expanding ecosystem provided by Axon suite of products and solutions.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from US or Onsite in Scottsdale or Seattle
Reports to: Senior Cloud Operations Manager
Direct Reports: 0
- Develop and maintain Cloud Migration Platform & tooling for evidence migrations
- Develop and maintain automated processes that support Axon's product deployment and evolution at scale
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make unsurpassed reliability and efficiency
- Influence peers, advise leaders, coach and mentor junior team members
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers, customer solution architects, and technical analysts
What You Bring
- A forward thinker whose focus is on executing in the present while always being mindful of the future
- A tenacious problem-solver, not afraid to touch legacy code and fix bugs as well as produce novel solutions to new challenges that don’t have an obvious answer
- A wise coder who can move up and down the ladder of abstraction, sometimes sweating the details of a single line of code, as well as being able to contemplate how to change the world creating something new
- You have strong software design skills including experiences with SOLID programming and dependency injection
- You have experience working with large data sets and developing reusable ETL pipelines
- A customer advocate who places the needs of the customer first and takes the time to ensure the solution is done right the first time
- A curious and persistent learner who constantly seeks new and better ways to solve problems
- 3+ years professional software development experience including the delivery of high-availability, scalable cloud software
- A passion for strongly typed, object-oriented languages like C#, Java, or similar
- Experience with .Net Core, SQL, NuGet, Git, and Azure DevOps is a plus
- Experience writing and maintaining serverless cloud solutions is a plus
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 100,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 200,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 130,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 300,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.