Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon’s connected devices, including our LTE enabled body-worn cameras, our in-car system with ALPR technology and our supporting apps and cloud software, are at the heart of our ecosystem built to Protect Life and Capture Truth. Our devices utilize advanced IoT software capabilities that keep our customers safe, efficient and effective in their challenging jobs. As the Principal Product Manager, you’ll be at the center of driving our solutions to new international markets and identifying new and unique opportunities where our existing and future devices software and hardware capabilities can be effectively tailored to meet the needs of users. As our suite of products matures, you’ll be at the heart of capturing International product feedback, synthesizing this feedback into our product roadmap, own plan updates, and solution delivery — while building the overall Devices portfolio for global scale.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from United States OR Onsite at our Scottsdale, AZ office, and on the road 30-40% of time
Reports to: SVP Connected Devices, Product Management
Direct Reports: n/a
- Collaborate closely across International Sales & go-to-market teams including Sales, Sales Engineering, and Customer success teams. You’ll derive your success from a close relationship with these teams and the ability to join forces to achieve Axon’s overall International goals for the Devices category.
- Be an authority on our International markets, competition, our customer’s needs, the technology, and our current and future products
- Get hands-on with our current and potential International customers to empathize with and understand their unique needs
- Creatively generate solutions to a wide range of technical, workflow, and business problems
- Work with product managers and engineering teams to balance scope, functionality, performance, and time-to-market.
- Partner closely with the overall Devices Product and Engineering teams to ensure the International-specific work integrates within the overall platform priorities and roadmap
- Make data driven decisions when possible and fall back on well supported intuition when data is not available
- Operate with autonomy while proactively reducing ambiguity for your team and your cross-functional peer
- Set performance metrics for the most important functions of the products and manage teams to measure and achieve them
What You Bring
- A bachelor's degree in a technical field or business, or equivalent work experience
- 7+ years relevant IoT/Hardware or Software Product Management experience shipping a variety of complex, multi product/system solutions preferably to international customers
- Experience solving complex user interaction problems with creative solutions
- Deep experience working with engineers to balance scope, time to market, and functionality, deftly making trade-offs using qualitative, quantitative, and many times incomplete data
- Excellent problem solving skills, well-structured written and verbal communication
- You have a proven track record of delivering successful products that achieve key business outcomes
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally when necessary (up to 30-40%); contingent upon guidance from International teams’ support for travel
- Technical or business Masters degree, or equivalent work experience
- Experience delivering end-to-end solutions including Hardware, Software, and integration into a cloud or 3rd party ecosystem, including GTM ownership
- Experience tailoring solutions for International markets with respect to workflow, compliance and technical performance considerations
- Experience implementing process changes and/or new tools to drive better efficiencies and best practices in defining, developing and launching products
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- An award-winning office environment and flexible work from home options
- Ride along with customers such as police officers in real life situations, see them use technology and get inspired to help them and the communities they serve
** Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work. **
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 140,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 260,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 210,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 510,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.