Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We have an aggressive schedule for development and release of next generation De-escalation Devices (aka TASER) products. The NPI group is driving changes to ensure that new products can be built at scale with high yield and low cost, and we need highly skilled, motivated, technical people to set expectations and drive results from various internal and external factory and design teams. You will be exposed to a wide range of functional teams and activities, and never a shortage of opportunities to make an impact across the organization!
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite in Scottsdale/Phoenix, AZ office
Reports to: Director, NPI Program Management, CEW
Direct Reports: None
- As the NPI / Operations Program Manager, you will lead and drive cross-functional teams to prepare and manage prototype builds, as well as prepare and scale the production lines to support mass production
- Track and drive all actions to ensure factory readiness for each development build (i.e., manufacturing engineering (fixtures, equipment and processes), test, materials/supply chain, quality, packaging, etc.
- Manage Design for Manufacturability/Scale reviews with Design and Mechanical Engineering teams
- Coordinate design of automated equipment and assembly/test fixtures and equipment
- Hands-on design of fixtures, layouts, processes and equipment
- Create build schedules and drive the execution of development builds
- Prepare and manage presentations and reports to high level management
- Perform data analysis and interpretation of test results
- Create and/or drive Design of Experiments (DOE) development and coordination during development builds
- Other duties, as assigned
What You Bring
- 5+ years of factory operations management and/or program management
- Technical degree or experience working closely with electrical/mechanical design engineers
- Join forces - Strong collaboration & communication; experience in bringing teams together to achieve common goals
- Own It - Takes initiative & drives results for complex, multi-functional activities in dynamic and fast-paced projects. Be reliable in executing and delivering results.
- What success looks like for the role and within the team:
- Axon factory ramps mass production with yield and efficiency significantly higher than existing products
- Development builds are completed on time
- The NPI team is recognized as experts in design for scale and execution
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 200,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 180,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 300,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.