Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
As Axon’s Sr. Revenue Accountant, you will be part of a highly collaborative team which partners with Sales Operations to ensure the monthly, quarterly and yearly revenue numbers are complete and accurate. You will join an environment that favors agility, initiative, and creative thinking. We genuinely love what we do and are looking for you who share this passion. Come work with us in a dynamic environment in which you’ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills.
What You’ll Do
- You will review and summarize customer arrangements with non-standard terms for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards
- You will prepare and book journal entries to ensure the appropriate revenue and cost treatments
- You will identify Multiple-Element Arrangements, and perform revenue allocations in accordance with GAAP
- You will interact with the Sales team and assist with pre- and post-sales support for revenue recognition on deals, which may include quote review and assistance
- You will perform monthly revenue related tasks and analysis including monthly revenue close process and reconciliations related to deferred revenue accounts
- You will ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements
- You will support all internal and external audit activities, including SOX Compliance
- You will assist with the transition to new revenue recognition requirements and take on other special projects as assigned
- You will bring a fresh viewpoint to help identify ways to improve the processes and efficiency as we move through a phase of rapid growth and technology change
- There will be some late nights and weekends as part of this dynamic and dedicated team
What You Bring
- Bachelor or higher degree in Business Administration or Financial Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation, or ability to qualify, preferred
- 5+ years of revenue accounting and analysis experience
- Experience and familiarity with ASC 606
- Recent public accounting experience or revenue experience with a publicly-traded company highly desirable
- Knowledge of accounting for Multiple-Element Arrangements
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills are required for frequent interaction with financial and non-financial management
- Superb attention to detail, strong planning and organization skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience with Salesforce is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.