Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
This is a post-sale, customer-facing, front-line role with primary duties of deploy network, hardware, and software solutions for Axon’s Fleet solutions. All candidates maintain a professional attitude with a strong focus on the customer’s total implementation experience.
What You'll Do
Location: Remotely from the United States, Domestic Traveling Role, On the road 100% (Mon-Fri)
Reports to: Sr Manager, Fleet Services or Technical Services Supervisor, Fleet
Direct reports: 0
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Identify and implement solutions within minimal assistance in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility to take on additional projects and adapt to changes in priorities.
- Customer coordination and execution of field commissioning tests.
- Deliver timely and detailed project deployment reports.
- Assist clients to monitor all software implementation lifecycles and assist with the appropriate customizations.
- Create accurate network diagrams and documentation for design and planning network communication systems.
- Engage with technology decision makers (Chiefs of Police, Command staff, Sheriffs, Directors of IT) and program managers, post-sale
- Train customer technical and non-technical staffs and 12V low-voltage sub-contractors on the proper installation and use of the full suite of Axon Fleet’s components and products.
What You Bring
- Ability to perform job functions from any location with minimal oversight.
- Aptitude to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Desire to work with a team or visit clients in person, weekly. (This position does not have a residency location requirement, but successful candidates must reside within reasonable proximity to a major airport.)
- 3+ Years of advanced computer network implementation including systems software, Windows operating systems and applications software, hardware, and configurations, (A+, Network + or equivalent preferred)
- Basic understanding of basic 12-volt electronics, basic wiring diagrams, DC circuit theory, possess mechanical dexterity and troubleshooting skills preferred. (Emergency Vehicle Technician or similar ASE Electronics certifications preferred or Military electronics technician)
- Cradlepoint router or equivalent configuration, implementation and deployment knowledge. NCOS, NetCloud (Cradlepoint Network Associate and Cradlepoint Network Professional certifications preferred).
- Familiarity with data transfer concepts WAN access types, local area networking, physical layer infrastructure, wireless technologies, access point networks and virtual private networking.
- Experience implementing and deploying products in IP-based Ethernet networks, including layer 2, layer 3, LAN, WAN, VPN.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness supporta
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.