Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
What You'll Do
Location: Scottsdale, AZ or Seattle, WA or Remote
- Contribute towards Axon Devices Firmware on LTE, GNSS (Location Services), WIFI, Bluetooth and Proprietary RF
- Firmware design and development of wireless software for our next generation products
- Work with distributed software and hardware teams
- Collaborate with the hardware team and vendors to optimize for connectivity use cases while meeting other key performance parameters.
- Work with Compliance, Carrier Certification teams on tools, configurations etc.. for compliance and regulatory certification.
- Communicate with quality & validation teams to verify the end-to-end customer experience is exceeding expectations using automated testing and telemetry analysis
- Responsibility for unit and system testing
What You Bring
- BA/BS in Computer Science or BA/BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Past experience of at least 5+ years specifically in developing wireless software on embedded linux with real world experience of deploying wireless products and troubleshooting issues
- Basic ability to read datasheets, schematics and understand electronic circuitry
- Exposure to Yocto, OpenWRT and other embedded distros
- Familiarity with one or more wireless software stacks - LTE, WIFI, Bluetooth, GNSS, or any proprietary RF stack for Cellular and IoT type devices
- Experience in embedded C/C++ with familiarity in Python, Go or Rust.
- Experience in Embedded Linux.
- Familiar in the different areas of firmware development: BSP porting, device drivers
- Good understanding of networking concepts (Ethernet, TCP/IP, etc.) and corresponding performance metrics
- Strong understanding of: Kernel and driver development, Android porting, threads, inter-process communications, and profiling
- Strong understanding of computer architecture & peripherals
- Emphasis on self-diagnostic code via robust fault detection, reporting, and recovery
- Documentation of design/interface specifications and architecture
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.