Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
The Media Services Technician Supervisor will be an on-site player/coach of a team of on-site Media Services Technicians (MSTs) at Suffolk County Police Department. As the lead supporting the process to prepare and manage digital evidence for sharing, including redactions, you will be looked upon as the expert in the use of Axon’s products to achieve timely production of redacted evidence.
You will work closely with multiple cross-functional teams to establish a high-functioning process and overcome challenges, to ensure technical quality of redactions. As someone that wears multiple hats, from supervisor, to project management, to product expert and trainer, you will continually be focused on making your customer more efficient and more confident within their daily workflows.
What You’ll Do
Location: Able to commute daily to Suffolk County PD in Yaphank, New York.
Reports to: Director, Customer Success - Strategic Teams
Direct Reports: 4 Media Services Technicians
- Commute to Suffolk County PD daily Monday-Friday and be available during core agency hours
- Achieve mastery of Axon’s Redaction products and Evidence.com
- Supervise and manage a team of Media Services Technicians and all technical aspects of the redaction process
- Own overall daily production of redactions by the team and facilitate daily stand-up meetings
- Primary point of contact for redaction process
- Be fully proficient in redaction process and help produce redacted evidence
- Will specifically search Suffolk County's production Evidence.com instance to locate responsive footage for requests from local and federal prosecutors relevant to their pending cases and ensure timely production in order to comply with all relevant discovery rules.
- Will be responsible for applying appropriate redactions and edits to such footage in accordance with all applicable laws and Department policies as well as download and make copies of responsive footage in any given case to ensure its proper production.
- May also be responsible for performing such tasks in response to requests related to civil discovery matters as well as requests from the public and other government agencies.
- Perform randomized checks on team member’s redactions
- Manage customer expectations, keeping customers satisfied and expectations realistic
- Maintain customer confidence, especially in high-pressure situations
- Communicate customer feedback across multiple teams and divisions within Axon to drive product development and improvement
- Troubleshoot and documents daily issues and communicate status to stakeholders
- Develop and continuously improve technical documentation and job aids to facilitate understanding, repeatability, and quality of redaction process
- Remain organized and focused on removing obstacles through creativity and adaptation to rapidly changing circumstances
- Assist with the hiring, managing, and training of MSTs
- Facilitate weekly team meetings and conduct regular 1:1 check-ins with team
- Responsible for developing team’s processes, training and workflows
- Manage performance reviews of MSTs
- Assist with the training of other agency personnel seeking to learn the redaction process and provide supplemental training on new redaction features
- Maintain familiarity with relevant Axon Academy content and leverage for training
- Go on-site to the individual precincts or commands to provide assistance and help with BWC recordings where needed.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of professional experience working with Major City or Enterprise-level customers
- Previous experience leading a team is desired
- Demonstrated ability to build processes and develop people
- Proven track record of successfully managing customer relationships and technical projects
- Understanding of SAAS, Cloud providers/solutions, Virtualization, Storage
- Ability to articulate at a technical level appropriate to the circumstance – i.e. for clients with varying levels of IT knowledge and skillset
- Unmatched analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with strong written and verbal communication
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change and remain calm in high-stress situations
- Experience working and supporting law enforcement is desired
- Knowledge of routing and switching methodologies, Wi-Fi, telecommunications, and Internet technologies is desired
- JIRA, and Microsoft Dynamics knowledge is desired
- Knowledge of CCTV, VMS, and IP cameras is desired
- Experience working closely with a sales and support team is desired
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.