Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
As the Federal Solutions architect, you will be responsible for partnering with technical leaders and subject matter experts to design, document and evolve technology solutions for implementation Axon technologies into the Federal market. The Solution Architect works collaboratively with key stakeholders, product managers and technical staff to effectively implement Axon products and services, ensuring designs meet documented objectives for reliability, supportability, user experience, security and governance. The Federal Solutions Architect will leverage knowledge of the federal market to ensure solutions are designed to leverage the scalability, availability, and cost optimization capabilities of the full Axon ecosystem. In cooperation with technical and security leadership, the Federal Solutions Architect will ensure that solutions are designed and developed to ensure regulatory and audit compliance. The Federal Solution Architect reports directly to the SVP and General Manager of Axon Federal.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely from the United States (preferably Seattle, WA, Arizona, or DMV area)
Reports to: SVP, Federal Sales
Direct Reports: 1
- Leads requirements analysis, requirements definition, requirements management, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, systems integration and test (verification), validation and interface definition studies of system, subsystem or system elements with little or no supervision
- Leads customer requirements analysis, develops system requirements for Axon products and services
- Leads evaluations of systems, networks and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable security specifications
- May provide system accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features (e.g., identification, authentication, access control, labeling, and auditing) of the system are considered and function properly
- May develop system security documentation on both new and production information systems
- Researches and analyzes technology solutions and products, identifying new opportunities and recommending emerging solutions or technologies to address existing or emerging challenges and risks.
- Effectively chooses the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering solutions
- Performs or leads the development of technical strategies and teaming strategies on multiple projects
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
- Guides the successful completion of new Axon products and services
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Having broad expertise or unique knowledge, uses skills to contribute to development of company objectives and principles and to achieve goals in creative and effective ways
- Keeps abreast of technology trends and collaborates with peers on emerging opportunities or threats
What You Bring
- Bachelors Degree in a technical field of study
- 7+ years experience working in technology solutions, practice development, architecture and consulting with federal customers.
- Able to travel 50-75%
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and helping to build innovative solutions in large or highly strategic accounts.
- Demonstrated excellence when facilitating customer design and awareness sessions that are focused on complex application solution architectures.
- Ability to articulate architectural differences between solution methods and the challenges and approaches to integrating solutions built on different platforms including a working knowledge of different architectural frameworks that may be used by our customers.
- Ability to move between high level architectural review/design and the “roll up the sleeves” level of providing architectural oversight for delivery projects.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technology requirements for inclusion in contracts and/or statements of work (SOW).
- Demonstrated analytical skills through understanding and defining complex subject material.
- Experience analyzing and developing technical systems and solutions (networking, applications, and services).
- Understanding of project management.
- Understanding of business process analysis.
- Understanding of organizational development.
- Able to effectively manage multiple projects, priorities, and tasks within a dynamic environment.
- Effective communication with both technical and non-technical individuals, including clients and vendors.
- Communication modes include spoken, email, reports, presentations, and procedure manuals.
- Experience with federal cloud regulations (FedRAMP and / or DOD Impact Level 5) is a plus.
- Security clearance (or ability to successfully obtain one) to allow appropriate level of engagement with Federal customers is a plus.
- All other duties as assigned.
Benefits that Benefit You
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technology
- Competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Options for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with local law enforcement
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.