Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
A Regional Support Manager is a subject matter expert in the area of Software as a Service (SaaS), on-premise software, embedded systems and networking, installation, configuration, and testing of various Axon products. As a member of the Axon Professional Services Team, the Regional Support Manager supports the campaign to deploy and support evidence capture devices, digital evidence management solutions SaaS and on-premise solutions to Public Safety Agencies in Africa, also ensuring customer success.The Regional support manager role for Morocco is a multi hat role supporting the Africa manager in all non sales activities coordinating with other Axon resources such as Operations , Finance , legal , training ,managing after sales activities with them. The Regional Support Manager is a quota carrying, customer-facing front line role that facilitates and influences the deployment of Axon Enterprise’s products and solutions.
What You’ll Do
Location: Remotely and in person from Rabat Morocco, Can be re-evaluated based on future large deployments in Africa . Visit customer in Rabat and possibly Morocco . Assit remotely on Africa
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to general product knowledge, networking,
- Training, software (download / installation / registration / performance), server deployment
- Training and presentations on product and software usage as needed
- Build and maintain subject matter expertise of all Axon products and solutions as well policies
- Assist in language localization of support documents to meet growing needs
- Report bugs and trends to the necessary Axon teams. Work closely with Sales Engineers to develop a keen understanding of the intricacies of your specific region and market
- Provide customers with timely and professional support communication via phone and / or email
- Adapt to necessary duties as required by other teams within your region (Join Forces)
- Adaptability to pivot to supporting sales as needed
- Own customer communication and work closely with sales engineers and country managers to deliver targeted preemptive support communication to a growing customer base.
- Proactively plan to prevent post sales issues that shorten time to revenue.
- Organize and coordinate all non sales activities towards the various Axon services
- Provide support to product Test and Evaluations
- Other duties as required
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Computer Science or Engineering fields) or equivalent experience
- Willing to travel if needed to Africa upon manager’s request, expect travelling to Morocco once a month for a week
- 3+ years experience as a Regional Support Manager, IT Support role or similar related field
- Strong written and verbal in French and English languages required (Moroccan Arabic optional), with experience communicating at all levels of client organizations to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge and demonstrated operating experience in one or more of the following areas of specializations: Digital Video, Mobile communications, IP security, Embedded Systems, IAM, SAAS
- Strong understanding of network technologies and IP stack (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLANS, firewalls, VPN gateways, proxies, etc.)
- Knowledge and practical application implementing and managing relational database solutions using AWS RDS, Microsoft/Azure SQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB, Db2, etc.
- Experience in SAN technologies (EMC, HP 3Par, etc.)
- Comprehension of design and application for MDM/EMM solutions such as MobileIron, AirWatch, Intune or Meraki
- High degree of technical knowledge in computing infrastructure components, data centers, and system support
- Experience in data integration and data analysis to support expanding product portfolio
- Experience and understanding of large-scale infrastructure-as-a-service platforms (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, OpenStack)
- Experience with project management and resource tracking
- Some understanding of software development technologies desired
- High degree of business acumen with strong focus on emotional quotient
- Ability to work effectively, add value as a Global team member
- Good knowledge in use of Microsoft office and other management/admin/ communication tools
- Ability to work remotely effectively and add value as a team member. Demonstrate technical knowledge and consultative skills
- Must be able to coordinate across various groups and functional teams
- Ability to perform tasks with little or no supervision
- Demonstrate ability to implement, drive and track projects
- Ability to apply solutions, technology, and products to a business opportunity
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.