Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
As Axon's Manufacturing Trainer, you will train and educate Manufacturing Operators in approved manufacturing procedures, equipment safety, and efficiency in production. You will assess training needs for the assigned area and maintain training records for all employees in that area. You will contribute to continual improvement activities by ensuring that Manufacturing personnel adheres to work instructions and PPE requirements.
The schedule for this role will be Monday-Thursday, 5:00 PM-3:30 AM.
What You Will Do
- Onboard new hires
- Conduct OTJ training for new hires
- Maintain and track training and certifications
- Assist in the design and content creation of training courses and resources
- Assist in developing training classes
- Partner with Managers to identify and improve training gaps
- Conduct line audits for process improvements
- Participate in continuing education and professional development activities
- Assist peers, engineers, technicians, and manufacturing personnel with projects as they arise
- Collaborates cross-functionally with departments and internal stakeholders for ongoing learning and development, employee engagement, and retention efforts
- Create a positive, engaging learning experience that holds our organization to high standards for performance and reinforces Axon’s core values
- Identify the developmental needs of others and coach, mentor, or otherwise assist them to improve their knowledge and skills; provide feedback to associates on their progress
- Strictly adhere to company philosophy/mission statement/goals
- Use relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with internal standards and guidelines
- Follow Axon’s Code of Conduct and maintain professionalism in all training interactions
What You Will Bring
- Associate's degree preferred
- IPC Soldering Certification a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Microsoft application skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner across teams/functions to deliver results
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Ability to be flexible, multitask, prioritize and manage multiple activities in a fast-paced environment
- Must wear company protective gear or safety equipment such as safety glass, gloves, hearing protection, and ESD Strap as required on occasion
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Benefits That Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
*Axon requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.