Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Axon’s Data and Integrations Team is looking for a Data Solutions Engineer II to create and maintain pipelines on the data integration, management, and analytics platform alongside Axon’s newest public safety technology products. This platform will automate officer’s workflows and offer law enforcement administrators and crime analysts flexible access to key crime data, decision support, state and federal crime reports, and criminal investigation insights.
Axon has lead the global effort to protect life and through electric weapons, body cameras, a number of real-time sensors, public safety software products and AI tools. Axon is uniquely positioned to tie together every aspect of an incident in order to help law enforcement agencies better prepare for what might happen, respond efficiently and effectively, deliver justice, ensure the well being of their officers, and increase the safety of communities. Working together with our customers and product teams, you will build the foundation for Axon’s outcome-oriented data efforts.
What You'll Do
Location: Remotely from the United Kingdom
Reports to: Director, PSO, Customer Solution Engineering
Direct Reports: 0
- Develop and maintain pipelines on Axon’s system integration, data integration, management, and analytics solutions.
- Develop and maintain automated processes that support Axon's product deployment and evolution at scale.
- Partner with internal teams and agencies to make public safety data accessible and actionable.
- Influence peers, advise leaders, coach and mentor junior team members.
- Facilitate cross-team collaboration among engineers, customer solution architects, and business analysts.
- Must be willing to coordinate with US-based team members during standard business hours (EST)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or quantitative field, OR graduate of coding boot camp OR 3+ years of technical experience in related field
- Experience developing and maintaining production systems
- Must pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background check and maintain confidential and highly sensitive information.
- Experience working with JSON and XML
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, Python, Bash, or similar
- Backend engineering experience (Java, Scala, C++, or similar)
- Familiarity using REST clients to perform tests (Postman, Insomnia, etc.)
- Familiarity working with YAML for purposes of configuring builds and releases
- Experience and understanding of deploying hardware agnostic software to cloud hosts
- Experience with container-based platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Development Programs
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.