Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination
The Transcription team at Axon builds software that utilizes speech-to-text technology to improve the productivity of our users across 4 major use cases: from report writing, evidence review, supervisor review to court transcriptions.
Our services run at massive scale — over 15M minutes are transcribed each month, and growing rapidly. We have big Aim Far ambitions in the years to come — think searching across transcripts to find mentions of gang names, to automating the mundane elements of writing incident reports, to alerting supervisors in realtime when “I can’t breathe” is heard.
As a senior engineer on the team, you will be intimately involved in the architecture decisions that will shape this product. You live and breathe cloud services that require high availability and fast, consistent performance. You love working with the latest open source technologies, and can leverage your system design skills to make the right technical decisions on a system that needs to be bullet-proof.
Not only can you drive decisions among competing engineering trade-offs, your empathy with customers allows you to intuit innovative solutions for our customer problems. You will be working closely with product managers and designers to ensure we are building the right solution for our customers. You also enjoy mentoring other engineers, and love to be a hands-on teacher helping to up level the engineers around you.
Join us to work with a passionate, mission-driven group of folks who want to positively impact the lives of first responders and those that they serve.
What You’ll Do
Location: London, England or Remote, U.K.
- Lead engineering architecture design reviews
- Set a high technical bar for the team through code and architecture design reviews
- Mentoring engineers
- Working across teams with Product, Design, and Engineering to create integrated solutions that delight our customers
- Improve our Engineering process, including long-term thinking, sprint planning and stand-ups
- Building services that adhere to our high bar on availability and latency in this mission-critical space
- Working with the latest open source technologies
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience designing and delivering highly-available, scalable cloud-based systems
- Backend service experience in multiple, managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar
- Experience working with SQL or NoSQL data stores
- You follow the latest in software engineering and open source technologies, and can intuit the fine line between promising new practice and overhyped fad
- You love delighting end users and hunger for novel challenges
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Development Programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.