Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
As an Operational Excellence Business Analyst on the Global Operations team at Axon, you will be directly involved in ensuring Axon products make it into the hand of its customers efficiently and effectively. The Operational Excellence Business Analyst will utilize their background and experience in Operations to support Axon’s strategic priorities of scaling new products and fuel growth. By taking initiative on developing analytics, you will help us mitigate cost and market risk while assisting on building out dashboards and ad hoc analysis. The team will rely on you to establish and improve various processes across the organization, driving cost savings opportunities and strengthening people, processes and systems connectivity.
What You’ll Do
Location: Onsite at our North Scottsdale, AZ office 2-5 days a week. Optional remote from any US location.
Reports to: Sr. Director Operational Excellence
Direct Reports: 0
- Individual contributor responsible for developing analytics-driven solutions to help Axon organizations achieve their business goals.
- Work as a member of a cross-functional team to propose and implement high-impact data and analytic solutions that address business challenges across a variety of business units.
- Apply data analytics to drive data driven decision making and solve complex business problems.
- Present complex information using data visualization techniques.
- Work with diverse technical and business teams and provide data and analytic oversight to ensure project deliverables fulfill business needs and timing.
- Supports Program Managers and Engineers to recommend process improvements driven by data-driven, predictive insights.
What You Bring
- B.S. degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Engineering, Economics, Data Science or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience developing, deploying and monitoring performance of large analytic data sets
- Big Data Tools:
- SQL and NoSQL Database experience
- ERP systems such as D365
- Microsoft Power Automate
- Microsoft Power Apps
- Data Visualization: Power BI (use of Power Query)
- Design and implement Microsoft SharePoint sites to improve collaboration and visualization.
- Technical experience using Tableau, Power BI, or similar reporting software to build actionable dashboards
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects at once without sacrificing quality
- Strong listening and communications skills
- Highly collaborative work style
- Ability to evaluate the big picture and solve business problems rather than focusing solely on metrics
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 75,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 120,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 100,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.