Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
*Axon requires employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, unless a medical or religious accommodation is approved. As such, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination.
You will be accountable for identifying and qualifying electronic components for the suite of Axon’s products. In Axon’s rapid paced environment, you will drive the component selection process in a consultative manner to support Axon’s growing road map, directly contributing to our mission to save lives!
What You’ll Do
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona (HQ)
Reports to: Sr. Category Manager (Electronics)
Direct Reports: None
- Proactively communicate with the design engineering teams prior to and during the NPI development process to understand current & future needs for new product components; influencing by leveraging your industry experience.
- Establish strong relationships with manufacturers and their associated representatives in the electronics industry to understand product roadmaps and availability to support current and future product development.
- Work with the Category Managers on sourcing decisions that are aligned with their strategies. Seek cross-functional team agreement on discrepancies.
- Work with the sourcing team to develop and ramp component sources for new products and support the NPI team’s efforts to ensure components are purchased in a timely manner for engineering development builds.
- Leverage your technical expertise and industry knowledge to select key strategic components to support product scalability for 5+ year lifecycles.
- Assist the respective Category Managers and cross-functional category teams in developing and executing multidimensional commodity strategies that support the NPI work stream with an emphasis on cost optimization, time to market, technology, quality, supply continuity, supply chain consolidation, service and risk mitigation.
What You Bring
- BS in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in component engineering and/or similar role.
- Self-motivated, resourceful with ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment; organized and high attention to detail.
- Analytical, fact based with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence without authority, create win/win situations, and produce positive results.
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work.
Don’t meet every single requirement? That's ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.