Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email email@example.com. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Help us bring cloud computing to public safety by joining the Trust & Security team at Axon. Be on the cutting edge of cloud computing and IoT security and privacy in a very challenging and innovative environment. The team’s mission is to make Axon’s cloud services, client applications, and connected devices the most trusted platform in our markets. We do so by making and upholding commitments to security, privacy, and compliance.
We need a high-energy, motivated, and technically proficient professional to help meet our commitments to security and privacy. There are plenty of challenges to conquer that will enable a wide-range of security and privacy knowledge and experience.
What You’ll Do
Location: Seattle or Remote
Reports to: Director, Information Security
- Provide technical expertise within security compliance and privacy activities across Axon’s product ecosystem
- Coordinate and participate in security assessments and remediation activities
- Develop, manage, and execute security, security compliance, and privacy tools to ensure program effectiveness and compliance with developed standards and requirements
- Partner with engineering and product teams to ensure security and privacy commitments are appropriately implemented
- Research, document, and help remediate design decisions, operating procedures, or processes that impact adhering to privacy and security commitments
- Participate in periodic compliance activities and manage any resulting remediation actions
- Interact with security and privacy program managers, product development, and legal teams
- Stay current on security industry trends, attack techniques, mitigation techniques, and security technologies by attending conferences, networking with peers, and other educational opportunities.
What You Bring
- Strong background in cloud security controls and experience implementing security and privacy requirements in cloud environments
- Ability to balance risks in ambiguous and complex situations
- Experience with SAST and DAST tools
- Have worked on implementing privacy programs to conform with GDPR or other widely-adopted data protection standards
- Familiarity with generally accepted information security practices, such as ISO 27001, Cloud Security Alliance CCM, NIST 800-53, FedRAMP
- Understanding of de-identification, psuedo-anonymization and anonymization methodologies
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.