Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Territory: Western US Region, must live within 1 hour of a major airport & requires a heavy travel (80%+) commitment
Axon VR is a new initiative within Axon, focused on the use of virtual reality training technology for domestic law enforcement and public safety.
Our Account Executives are responsible for partnering with Axon’s broader US sales team to sell Axon VR products and services to all sizes of state and local law enforcement agencies, in an external field position. They excel at articulating complex solutions, building successful senior level relationships, and selling complex technical solutions in an emerging market. Account Executives also provide technical and administrative product information, demonstrations, and/or product training.
At Axon, our goal is to make you feel valued for your contributions to the company’s mission: protect life. We are looking for intelligent people who are passionate for technology and making huge impacts within the public safety industry. Every single day we strive to build an environment where people can succeed in their role and enjoy coming to work.
Your Day to Day
- You develop a deep technical understanding of Axon VR's product and technology offerings in order to sell into domestic law enforcement agencies throughout your territory
- You will partner with the broader Axon sales team as a functional expert on the VR program, to sell Axon VR as a specific offering
- You leverage Google alerts, RFP requests, and other sources to generate leads and pursue opportunities
- You are customer centric - you know the customer's business and workflows, can develop a proper contact network within assigned accounts, and establish relationships to drive overall customer happiness
- You develop and execute account strategy by collaborating with the team to deliver stronger and more impactful value propositions
- You will make forecast predictions, update management of accounts in a timely fashion, collect intelligence on competitor activity, and give feedback to marketing for continual improvement
- You track customer activity in Salesforce and other internal systems to execute on account strategy and identify additional opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent applicable experience
- 3-10 years in an Enterprise SaaS Account Executive role
- Salesforce or equivalent CRM experience
- Highly proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Prominent organization and presentation skills
- Willing to travel 70% or more within your territory (3-4 days a week, including overnights)
- Strong understanding of drones, cloud and virtualization technology
- Able to strategically approach and win accounts as well as continue to grow or expand existing accounts
- Standout colleague that helps support teammates to reach success
- You focus on a Solutions / Consultative sales process to ensure the right fit and long term success with your customers
- End to end sales process experience - especially strong in prospecting, discovery, objection handling, and closing accounts
- Ready to own & build a multi-state territory to success
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial fashion within a new initiative for the company
- IoT technology experience
- Startup experience & some vertical experience
- You want to make a difference in society and grow within the organization
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive On-Target Earnings and 401K with employer match
- Uncapped commissions
- Discretionary paid time off
- A supportive parental leave policy
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.