Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Can be REMOTE
Reporting to the VP of People Operations the Director of People Operations will be responsible for leading a wide range of HR services and partnerships to support the initiatives and strategic goals of the organization. This position is responsible for partnering with the business stakeholders to formulate and execute plans to optimizing structure, people, systems, and processes. You, and the team you will manage, will be responsible for providing both strategic and tactical HR support to all global Axon offices. The successful candidate will partner closely with senior leaders, managers, and colleagues to build a high-performance organization and culture that recognizes and values differences, and where teamwork is expected, helping employees do their best work. This role will represent People Operations by communicating philosophies, processes, policies, and capabilities to department management and employees.
- Manage a team of global HR professionals to identify, define and implement HR programs that address the needs of the organization
- Build multi-year HR strategy & implementation paths
- Partner with leadership to design and build organizational capability to deliver against Axon’s strategic goals and objectives
- Utilize a data driven approach to identify trends and recommend proactive solutions for employee performance, retention, engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Coach Executives, Senior Managers, and Managers toward goal-oriented and results-driven leadership
- Provides strategic guidance to managers on effective handling of employee relations issues, including input for performance management situations
- Supports multiple business units with enterprise-wide support
- Manages and communicates appropriate HR metrics, analyzing trends and recommending action
- Supports organizational development in identifying training needs, and participates as necessary
- Promotes development of the management team in support of positive employee relations
- Ensures ongoing system training and maintenance is managed appropriately
- Supports rewards/recognition and wellness initiatives in support of company-wide programs and business operation
- Supports Talent Acquisition and the recruitment strategy through understanding the recruitment process and partnering on future company hiring initiative
- 7-10 years of strong HR management experience
- 3+ years of experience as a People leader
- Experience in international employment/labor law, HR administration, organizational development, staffing, project management and budgeting is essential in addition the qualified applicant should have general understanding of benefits/compensation and safety regulations
- Experience working for a technology company
- Must possess ability to establish credibility with all levels of employees, as well as ability to build and maintain professional client relationships
- Must be highly organized, flexible, detail-oriented, and capable of meeting deadlines
- Must possess excellent communication skills, with proven ability to effectively present information on an individual basis and to groups of employees
- Must be able to creatively identify solutions for a wide variety of problems
- Data driven with an ability to leverage information to influence business outcomes
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.