Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.
Your ImpactWe are Axon Foundation Services (AFS), a group of dedicated product professionals that own, build and operate the most critical services and primitives that Axon products need like storage, compute, cartography, permissions, authentication, evidence audit and reliability engineering. Our customers are Axon products like Evidence.com, Axon Records, Axon Real Time Operations and Axon Devices (TASER and Connected Cameras) that use our critical services and APIs to execute the mission of protecting life, reducing social conflict, and building a fair and effective justice system. Everything we do solves problems for Axon as a whole, so our cloud apps and device teams can focus their investments on non-duplicative, application-specific work that serves their missions.
The services that AFS owns are the heart and lungs for all Axon products. We protect customer trust by securely authenticating users, third party apps and enforce permissions within all Axon products. We ingest and manage over 100PB of video evidence and securely store them for evidentiary purposes from Axon body cameras and other third party sources. AFS sets the standard and leads the way for the entire company on operational excellence, incident response and reliability engineering. We ensure every important event of note within Axon products leaves an imprint through our audit services that protects the sanctity of evidence as it moves through the criminal justice system. Axon’s records, and real time operations products need our mapping services for staff productivity, effective emergency response to a crisis and situational awareness tools.
As the Director of Product Management for Axon Foundation Services in Vietnam, you will be responsible for driving large impactful initiatives for AFS in Vietnam and building our Vietnam product and TPM team. You will be responsible for establishing the vision for your services, defining and setting product roadmap, listening closely to our customers and leading our teams to execute effectively.
As the Director of Product for Axon Foundation Services you will:
- Define the mission and vision for AFS services you own. Establish the product strategy for your space.
- Hiring, develop and nurture a world class product and technical program management organization in Vietnam
- Understand customer, internal stakeholder needs and ensure our services are meeting them. Where there are gaps, you will show us the way forward.
- Establish the product roadmap for your space and earn buy-in from stakeholders across Axon world wide
- Communicate the value your services deliver clearly, what’s coming and how what we do solves problems for Axon
- Drive day-to-day progress and wear any hat you need to for effectively getting things done
- Help the team reduce operational debt, manual processes and other inefficiencies so they can grow and scale
- Role model excellent incident management: intercept relevant incidents, understand the cause, advocate the right customer focused solution, leading retrospectives as needed.
- Maintain excellent, collaborative stakeholder relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software product experience, with at least 5 in product or program management.
- 5 years experience working directly with multiple teams of engineers or as an engineer to understand, manage, and propose both technical tradeoffs and execution priorities, and accountability for managing tight execution timelines.
- 3 years experience working directly with end users or customers to understand their needs and design/deliver products or services tailored to fit those needs.
- Experience working within an Agile Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience with cloud IaaS and PaaS offerings such as AWS or Azure
- Ability and eagerness to quickly learn new technologies and approaches
- Demonstrated ability to influence people and organizations
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, related engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- A strong desire to improve the justice system through the use of technology
- Drive for results, delivering the best possible outcome commensurate with the level of investment required for the situation.
- Excellent critical thinking, reasoning and written communication skills
- Ability to build trust and respect across disparate teams and agendas
- Ability to resolve conflicts by working to find common ground teams can rally behind
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, seeing around corners
- Being comfortable with discomfort, plotting a course without complete information
- Ongoing self critical assessment of opportunities for improvements within their own programs and their skills
Compensation and Benefits:
- An awesome office/working environment with the latest technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits including a great medical insurance plan for you and your family
- Free lunch, gym, phone stipend, parking
- Fun team activities and outings
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunities for training in the US
- Opportunities to ride along with real US police officers in real life situations, see them use our technology, and get inspired
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.